Hey.....mona

There's nothing more I'd love than to see us get promotion and eventually cement our place in the pl, but unfortunately I can't see it happening. 

We've got a fantastic ground, training facilities and had unbelievable backing from a local bloke who has put his millions in and put us in the best shape we've been in in years. 

But still a large chunk of our fans seem to feel we have a divine right to be walking this league and thrashing any team put in front of us. 

The moaning and groaning regularly heard at the i-pro and particularly booing that has taken place on occassion in recent months is the main reason in my opinion we won't have success.  The players HAVE to be affected by this and to listen to some callers after the match on RD (and some of the posts on here) is frankly embarrassing. 

To any moron shouting abuse at one of our own players...what positive do you think that will possibly achieve?

If every supporter was 100% behind the team at all times I honestly feel we'd have a lot more success and not bottle it when in touching distance of getting to or staying on top.

Sometimes feel like we're a mini-Newcastle!

Not looking for an argument.  Just wanted to moan about the moaners! 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You really think that is the main reason we won't have success?

One of the main reasons, yes. I'm not saying everyone should be singing etc. Just that you can feel the tension inside the ground and that it transfers to the players. Also negative posts on forums and social media are read by players and can only have a negative impact. Again, not expecting every post to be like one from B4, but the some of the abuse dished out to scapegoat of the month winds me up!

20 minutes ago, paintingstandsatderby said:

One of the main reasons, yes. I'm not saying everyone should be singing etc. Just that you can feel the tension inside the ground and that it transfers to the players. Also negative posts on forums and social media are read by players and can only have a negative impact. Again, not expecting every post to be like one from B4, but the some of the abuse dished out to scapegoat of the month winds me up!

Agree about tension in the ground but can't agree on any of the other points.

We won't go up this season, performances in the last 10ish games show that we aren't good enough this season. The reasons could be one of many:

1. Poor signings in pre-season.

2. Injuries to key players.

3. Clement being rubbish as a manager.

4. The insistence on continually picking under performing players.

5. January signings almost feeling like the time we signed Lars Bohinen, we needed just one top quality signing, we went for the cheaper option.

Etc etc...

But the last two games have shown some real positives, we are moving in the right direction and we could end up in a lottery situation of the playoffs with the the potential of a nice trip to Wembley.

I think Mel has learnt from mistakes, not necessarily mistakes he made, but in the summer I trust things will be done right, a good manager appointed and further money to spend on players.

When performances start to pick up, so will the fans.

30 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

What's wrong with wanting your team to do well ? I don't think that's the reason we won't do well at all ! Look at real Madrid! Cheering our team because we "tried hard " but list to a clearly weaker team will never breed success

Disagree. Might just give them the confidence to keep doing the right things. For example attempting a defence splitting ball rather than the easier sidewards or backwards pass. Would allow them to play with a bit more freedom or without the fear of being slated for a mistake

1 minute ago, paintingstandsatderby said:
35 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

What's wrong with wanting your team to do well ? I don't think that's the reason we won't do well at all ! Look at real Madrid! Cheering our team because we "tried hard " but list to a clearly weaker team will never breed success

Disagree. Might just give them the confidence to keep doing the right things. For example attempting a defence splitting ball rather than the easier sidewards or backwards pass. Would allow them to play with a bit more freedom or without the fear of being slated for a mistake

Agree patience at times is required ! Personally I'm not one to boo ! But I can understand people's frustrations sometimes , we all just want to see our team win ! Some want to see us win with bells on some are just happy for a good performance but we all want the same end product ! 

Derby County fans are no different to the fans at any football club. This is just people being people. I never boo the team or individual players, and see nothing positive in booing, but it happens. The players know this and I suspect their mood is more affected by what's happening off the pitch. There will always be moaners at any club - some make logical, well thought out points whilst others get straight onto social media and message boards ,overreact in the heat of the moment and vent their spleen. It's the equivalent of sending a work email immediately when someone has upset you and then regretting the next morning that you sent it. Even the much admired Graham Richards was guilty of it at times- I remember Arthur Cox ignoring him after an FA Cup match and Graham's response was to say in his report that it was the worst Derby County display he had ever seen- it wasn't but Graham was miffed by Arthur ignoring him. Sorry but I don't agree with the original post- we may not like what we hear from some of our supporters at times but that's the way it is at any football club

You'd have thought we were losing going into the last few minutes where I am in the south stand, I was in disbelief. People all around me insisting half our players were s***. I agree 100% that supporting our players is more the route we should take, 1-0 at home 90+3 minutes in...

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Really ? I wasn't aware of that,  thanks for informing me ill bare it in mind ! 

OK... my point is, why compare us to Real Madrid?

I assume your point was that to a team of hard-nosed super-galacticos, the jeers of 80,000 fans at the Bernabeu are like water off a duck's back. It doesn't follow that booing our lot makes no difference.

Just because CR7 operates on a previously-unseen level of self-idolatry doesn't mean Johnny Russell has to.

Another thread on this.. Good. If something is worth saying, it's worth saying a lot.

Whether you like it or not there is a toxic atmosphere at home matches. You'd have to ask the players if it effects them or not but it certainly effects my enjoyment of the game.  

It seems that wanting th e team to win and being frustrated at a bad pass/game/result are all the justification one needs to vent your spleen as long and as loudly as you want . Perhaps it is. However people who don't vent and boo and hiss are no less of a fan and have no less a desire to see us play well. I prefer a positive atmosphere where people are encouraged. What we have is the opposite at the mo. The reasons for this have been discussed at length elsewhere but 'entitlement' is a useful catch all term that can be used.

Around me I also have a few knobs who have deep seated self confidence issues and in a desperate bid to be liked by complete strangers use negativity - particularly when aimed at individuals - as a way of joining in and being part of a cool little gang.

I don't mind that much. I just want some balance and consistency. All negative all of the time ain't healthy and ain't actually fair.

2 hours ago, mike93rh said:

You'd have thought we were losing going into the last few minutes where I am in the south stand, I was in disbelief. People all around me insisting half our players were s***. I agree 100% that supporting our players is more the route we should take, 1-0 at home 90+3 minutes in...

1 hour ago, harryram said:

Unbelievable some folk. A group near me groaning when Bryson ran it into the corner just before the whistle, 

This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm on about. I just don't get it and can't see how anyone thinks it can have anything but a negative impact. It certainly won't have a positive one or motivate the players to give any more effort or be more brave. 

Clearly opinion is divided but I'd rather say nowt than shout anything negative

Archived