Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Derby County

AmericanRam

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Johnson hasn't been that bad. In fact, he's had nothing to do. I can't remember any time during that game where we got the ball into his feet in the final third.

He's not a winger as he will never carry the ball. I don't blame him for being totally non-existent, I blame the pointless decision in playing him at LW.

I could see the logic if he comes inside, gets in the box and looks to get on the end of crosses.

But we've barely attacked and crossed the ball either. It's slow, turgid passing before losing it.

In the pre-match interview Wassall said that he scored 15 goals for Norwich last season playing on the left.

25 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

In the pre-match interview Wassall said that he scored 15 goals for Norwich last season playing on the left.

DId he also say that Johnson is the most versatile player ever, or at least like in the past decade? Admittedly I don't watch a lot of games but TBH I've never seen a player switching from a forward to a CDM mid-game in my life.

EDIT: Just recall that Rooney did it once, but it was when Man Utd was leading and tried to make defensive reinforcement.

Archived