Brentford

North East Ram

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Railway Stations:

a) Brentford: South West Trains run from Waterloo and Vauxhall to Reading via Brentford. By foot: Head up to the main road and turn left. Take first main left turn into Windmill Road, and first right (s/p Methodist Church) into Clifden Road. The Stadium is then directly ahead of you. 

b) Kew Bridge: This station is on the same line as Brentford station, but is closer to `The Plough', `The Waggon and Horses', and the Strand-on-the-Green. It's 0.4 miles to the ground: take steps up from platforms to main exit and turn right. Keep going for 0.3 miles, then turn right by McDonalds into Ealing Road. 

From Underground Stations:

Gunnersbury (District Line, Zone 3): 

1.3 miles to ground. By foot: Exit station into Chiswick High Road and turn left. After 0.3 miles, at Chiswick Roundabout, take 2nd exit (s/p S. Circular A205) into Chiswick High Road, which becomes Kew Bridge Road. Then as by car From All Routes (*). 

South Ealing (Piccadilly Line, Zone 3): 

By foot: Exit right from station and walk down Ealing Road to ground (twenty-five minutes walk - or catch 65 bus). 

Read more at http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/club/griffin-park-directions/index.aspx#uhOfDD8PlsqzGOAi.99

9 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

What's best - tube or train from St Pancras to Griffin Park?

Also, anyone got any recommendations for pre match pubs near the ground? I heard there's a pub on each corner of the ground so that's 4 pints sorted I suppose!

or 8  - two in each!

1 hour ago, Daveo said:

From Railway Stations:

a) Brentford: South West Trains run from Waterloo and Vauxhall to Reading via Brentford. By foot: Head up to the main road and turn left. Take first main left turn into Windmill Road, and first right (s/p Methodist Church) into Clifden Road. The Stadium is then directly ahead of you. 

b) Kew Bridge: This station is on the same line as Brentford station, but is closer to `The Plough', `The Waggon and Horses', and the Strand-on-the-Green. It's 0.4 miles to the ground: take steps up from platforms to main exit and turn right. Keep going for 0.3 miles, then turn right by McDonalds into Ealing Road. 

From Underground Stations:

Gunnersbury (District Line, Zone 3): 

1.3 miles to ground. By foot: Exit station into Chiswick High Road and turn left. After 0.3 miles, at Chiswick Roundabout, take 2nd exit (s/p S. Circular A205) into Chiswick High Road, which becomes Kew Bridge Road. Then as by car From All Routes (*). 

South Ealing (Piccadilly Line, Zone 3): 

By foot: Exit right from station and walk down Ealing Road to ground (twenty-five minutes walk - or catch 65 bus). 

Read more at http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/club/griffin-park-directions/index.aspx#uhOfDD8PlsqzGOAi.99

Thanks Daveo.

One of the better away trips there is. Go into Richmond for a pre and post match beer, some excellent boozers there and the locals are people watching paradise...this is not a lie but the last time we were there we saw....Rob McCaffery (Sky sports reporter), JK from Jamiraquai AND GEOFFERY from Rainbow....all within the space of half an hour..!

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

One of the better away trips there is. Go into Richmond for a pre and post match beer, some excellent boozers there and the locals are people watching paradise...this is not a lie but the last time we were there we saw....Rob McCaffery (Sky sports reporter), JK from Jamiraquai AND GEOFFERY from Rainbow....all within the space of half an hour..!

That's some posse. Were they in the same round?

There's something about Geoffrey that makes me chuckle since I was a kid. Rainbow was off the chart. Mind, surprised that owd Bungle never got investigated by Yewtree.

If you go via tube to South Ealing, the bus stops directly over the road, 5 mins journey 1st stop after the busy main road crossing then a short walk back to the ground, the nearest mainline station is a lot nearer, about a 10 min walk.

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

I made the supreme sacrifice by not going. Sorry I can't miss Wednesday night's game though. Some other jinx will have to take one for the team.

A true martyr for the cause. 

Please hand in your season ticket and membership cards to the nearest police station 48 hours before any forthcoming games. Promotion will be ours.

Archived