Manchester United to name stand after Bobby Charlton

uttoxram75

I'm not the biggest admirer of Man Ure, not by a long chalk. I find most of their fans offensive, arrogant knobjockeys of the highest order, however i'm forced to post in admiration of the club for proposing to name their South Stand after Sir Bobby Charlton.

Bobby was one of my (non-Derby) heroes growing up, (along with Bobby Moore), one of England's greatest ever players,,a survivor of Munich who went on to win the World Cup with England and had a fantastic career with United.

He has always been a true gentleman, someone who conducts himself with the utmost dignity while being a footballer of immense talent, a superb passer of the ball, a graceful, skilful player with an ability to score "Roy of the Rovers" goals with either foot.

Most of all though, its great that Manchester United have done this while Bobby is alive, They've not waited until he's passed away but announced it so the old boy can enjoy his old age knowing there is a part of the stadium he graced so well named in his honour.

Well done United and respect to Sir Bobby.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35581289

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'm not the biggest admirer of Man Ure, not by a long chalk. I find most of their fans offensive, arrogant knobjockeys of the highest order, however i'm forced to post in admiration of the club for proposing to name their South Stand after Sir Bobby Charlton.

Bobby was one of my (non-Derby) heroes growing up, (along with Bobby Moore), one of England's greatest ever players,,a survivor of Munich who went on to win the World Cup with England and had a fantastic career with United.

He has always been a true gentleman, someone who conducts himself with the utmost dignity while being a footballer of immense talent, a superb passer of the ball, a graceful, skilful player with an ability to score "Roy of the Rovers" goals with either foot.

Most of all though, its great that Manchester United have done this while Bobby is alive, They've not waited until he's passed away but announced it so the old boy can enjoy his old age knowing there is a part of the stadium he graced so well named in his honour.

Well done United and respect to Sir Bobby.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35581289

Yea respect he deserves it. What they gonna call it?

I'm fortunate enough to really dislike Man Utd and I take great pleasure from it.  However it is good to see clubs name stands after greats from their past, instead of cashing in with yet more brand names and advertising.  Without doubt Bobby Charlton deserves the honour, so well done Man.Utd

Now...back to hoping they lose. 

why does bobby now have a sort of posh accent & good old jackie is still a common mans man 

cant fault bobby though one of if not the greatest players England has ever produced.

Both well before my time but always prefered jack as a character bit more of a loose cannon 

On 15/02/2016 at 22:42, Kernow said:

Where's eddie's banging on the keyboard, rip your eyes out gif when you need it?

I think that's a joke - VIZ-level brilliance.

Archived