Wassall bans chairman from the dressing room

Curtains

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, bcnram said:

I am curious, what hard evidence do you have that Darren Wassall is a 'yes man'? 

personally, I hope he's a yes man, cos that equals success.

People talk as if being a 'no' man is something we'd want. No thanks. Give me a club ALL pulling in the same direction any day.

Wassall is a yes man, with his own ideas on how to bring success.

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

People talk as if being a 'no' man is something we'd want. No thanks. Give me a club ALL pulling in the same direction any day.

I suspect that the other post was intended as a tad derogatory towards Wassall. I have appreciated the reports back and probably the only time I have ever read a whole topic. Clearly we want full agreement on the way forward between the Chairman and his plan and the head coach (whoever that may end up being), or we are going to get nowhere fast.

Nothing wrong with a bit of PR now and again, just a way of the Chairman reaffirming his intention to not enter the dressing room unless there is cause for him to be carrying a case of Champagne. 

3 minutes ago, bcnram said:

I suspect that the other post was intended as a tad derogatory towards Wassall. I have appreciated the reports back and probably the only time I have ever read a whole topic. Clearly we want full agreement on the way forward between the Chairman and his plan and the head coach (whoever that may end up being), or we are going to get nowhere fast.

Nothing wrong with a bit of PR now and again, just a way of the Chairman reaffirming his intention to not enter the dressing room unless there is cause for him to be carrying a case of Champagne. 

Brilliant post. 

22 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

wouldnt mind another Brian Clough, he was no "yes" man and managed a certain degree of success !

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

He would have had the chairmans guts for garters. 

Despite BC's reputation, I think he would have really bought into the whole academy thing at Derby. He was not against promoting players from below (the Stiffs and A team in those days), or buying a cheap player with potential from the lower leagues. Having said that, yes I agree that the Chairman would probably not have stepped on his toes in the same way.

6 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Despite BC's reputation, I think he would have really bought into the whole academy thing at Derby. He was not against promoting players from below (the Stiffs and A team in those days), or buying a cheap player with potential from the lower leagues. Having said that, yes I agree that the Chairman would probably not have stepped on his toes in the same way.

He would have know what to do because that's what he was at the end of the day a very good man manager  

Wassall played under him so he has that in his favor. 

Must of learnt something from the big man. 

" Wouldn't say I was the best manager but I was in the top 1 "

"only Joking " was my favorite saying of his. 

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I wonder if Brian Clough would've made it out of the lower leagues in this day and age.

He would of made it in any day and age. 

When you scout Roy Mac and get him out of bed to sign him from Tranmere Rovers under everyone else's noses you could do anything. 

Liverpool wanted Roy Mac at the time  

Dave Mackay was another  gem after 2 broken legs at Spurs  he persuaded to come to Derby  

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

He would of made it in any day and age. 

When you scout Roy Mac and get him out of bed to sign him from Tranmere Rovers under everyone else's noses you could do anything. 

wouldn't happen in this day and age. The equivalent of Roy is already poached and warming the bench somewhere not getting a game.

Clough would be about as close to unemployable as you get right now. Maybe a bit like Billy.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

wouldn't happen in this day and age. The equivalent of Roy is already poached and warming the bench somewhere not getting a game.

Clough would be about as close to unemployable as you get right now. Maybe a bit like Billy.

Different environment nowadays but Brian would of adapted. 

I know where  your coming from though. 

Whole topic is a red herring. Who gives a toss whether he's in or out the dressing room. The manager needs to trim the first team squad pick the best one with the most effective formation and put on some quality football. Mel can come and go as he sees fit, as far as I'm concerned. The enemy is not the owner it's complacency and lack of effort. 

Archived