Martins body language post clement

Derbados

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm intrigued to see how we play today and also the body language, if we put in a top performance and we look energised then I'll stop questioning the decision to sack Clement, I still think its the wrong decision at the moment, but if the team has more togetherness and attacks with purpose then I'll question whether it was Clement after all. 

We will see what happens. 

3 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Is it 20 games without a proper goal, and just the one penalty for a goal in his last 23 games? 

Yet he's the guy they build the side around...

This was brought up on Radio Derb but they turned around and said 'hey, he has assisted the last 3 or 4 goals though'. To me that isnt enough, when we are this bad we need our centre forward regularly to be scoring not assisting the odd goal

9 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

This was brought up on Radio Derb but they turned around and said 'hey, he has assisted the last 3 or 4 goals though'. To me that isnt enough, when we are this bad we need our centre forward regularly to be scoring not assisting the odd goal

It's some drought. A goal famine. But it's not just that is it? I'm more frustrated at how bad he's been just in general play. And, in all my time supporting the Rams I can't think of too many players who've had so many people happy to make excuses for them. 

I'm puzzled by everything at the club right now. I've absolutely no doubt that many of the players are too. The under-performers in Johnson, Ince and Martin are given chance after chance to deliver, and keep failing. How bad was Johnson today? Again. Ince too. 

Part of the problem though is the fact that you'd like to see a consistent XI selected, let them get some understanding together. But when certain players aren't delivering, but they remain in the side whilst better players are pushed aside (I'm thinking Jeff, Butters and Bent) it can't be great for morale. Look at Warnock too. He's been one of our better players (with Butters) in 2016 so far. Both dropped. Where's Camara? Why did Blackman keep getting games initially, out of position, yet when we now play with two up front, Russell is preferred up there? With Weimann and Bent on the bench. 

It's a nonsense. And what caused or started it? We were looking certainties for the playoffs, even a possible top two finish at the end of 2015. Then in-form players are benched, strange recruits are made, the owner promises the players a trip to Dubai then storms the dressing room AFTER A DRAW to tell them it's cancelled. Then our coach is sacked. Now we've got a novice in charge who thinks today was great. A 1-0 defeat to a plastic club set up 10 years ago or whatever, at home having played football from the stone age. 

I'm going to get very very drunk tonight. It's becoming a regular matchday occurrence again. I'm 43. Thanks, Derby. :blink:

Archived