Is this the Derby Way .

Curtains

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby 5-0 Forest; Derby 5-0 Wolves; Derby 4-1 Brighton; Derby 5-1 Fulham; Derby 4-1 Bolton; Derby 4-2 Wolves; 

There are loads more, that's just off the top of my head because of the memorable scorelines. These are "the Derby way". A game played with style and purpose that entertained us and that we won.

I have not been entertained by any games this season other than Wolves at home, Bristol at home (but as said above, Bristol are woeful, was just nice to see goals scored) and Hull away (but then that was just because I have Hull family, we played efficiently but not in an entertaining way).

for me if there is such a thing as the Derby way then this was it !! after the second leg I thought that we were going to take the premiership by storm after getting past the small issue of QPR, since then I have been waiting ... and waiting for that feeling to come back !!

1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

No.  The last 10 mins of that game were won when Dons decided to go gung ho and leave massive gaps for us to exploit...  With better finishing from them we'd have lost

The Derby fans were going barmy after that last Ince goal though. 

That was entertainment. 

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

First 20 mins of Hull, yes.  The other 70 mins no.

Bristol, the actual goals yes.  Overall performance, no.

I feel you're about to make a point...

My point is what are you looking for in the 'Derby Way'

What is it. 

Defend well or all out attack. 

MK Dons will be on a high after the draw against Boro 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

That was entertainment. 

We were going mad because we had won and the 3rd goal put the game beyond doubt, MK were the better team for the majority of the game and would have won if they had a decent goal scorer.

My point is what are you looking for in the 'Derby Way'

What is it. 

Defend well or all out attack. 

Are those the only two options? Cos I'm not sure that's how football works.

That was entertainment.

10 seconds in a 90 minute match.

We were deathly boring under Clement. I wish Morris had just come out and said that. Clement wanted results no matter the performance. Morris wants us to play pretty, the players to enjoy themselves, and have the results follow.

2 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

10 seconds in a 90 minute match.

We were deathly boring under Clement. I wish Morris had just come out and said that. Clement wanted results no matter the performance. Morris wants us to play pretty, the players to enjoy themselves, and have the results follow.

We did get a bit boring the last 7 games but what you looking for now with the same players 

MK Dons will want to do a job on us just like Preston and Brum and Reading did . 

Just now, curtains said:

We did get a bit boring the last 7 Games but what you looking for now with the same players 

No no, we've been boring all season. We've been DIRE in the last 7 games. The players aren't boring, we have a vast amount of individual talent that I'm sure can be brought to life by the right coach. The tactics were boring. 

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

We were going mad because we had won and the 3rd goal put the game beyond doubt, MK were the better team for the majority of the game and would have won if they had a decent goal scorer.

I do agree with that .

But what you looking for on Saturday against MK Dons a cautious approach or a more attacking performance.

They were unlucky against Boro  

Archived