Dear Mel Morris

DEL

29 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Exactly....he would have targeted who he wanted and he should have had the balls to stand there any say...he is not good enough, i don't want him but he obviously didnt if he didnt want them. 

Maybe he did...and that's why he isn't here anymore

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having just got home I am surprised and shocked. A draw at Fulham was better than we got last season and we are still in the top 6 with a home game against MK Dons on Saturday which is winnable. I can only think that something has gone drastically wrong behind the scenes. Tthe decision to make the substitution at Boro was wrong and the performance at Burnley was very poor. However Derby have only lost 5 times and have two difficult games left against Hull and Brighton. 

He was gone Saturday I think, the way he walked in isolation back to the cottage at the end of the game said volumes, deserved better imo, but will get behind whoever we appoint next.

I'm not gutted to see him gone, just disappointed that's all, can't see what Wassall will give us that PC didn't. 

I blame @i-Ram, met Jamie Ward and 2 days later he'd gone, same with Eric Steele, two days after meeting I-Ram Clements gone?

18 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Having just got home I am surprised and shocked. A draw at Fulham was better than we got last season and we are still in the top 6 with a home game against MK Dons on Saturday which is winnable. I can only think that something has gone drastically wrong behind the scenes. Tthe decision to make the substitution at Boro was wrong and the performance at Burnley was very poor. However Derby have only lost 5 times and have two difficult games left against Hull and Brighton. 

In Derby's current form, we have 16 difficult games left.

Dear Mel

You got the Clement appointment wrong, but have quickly admitted your mistake and moved to correct it. I believe that removing Paul Clement at this point was the correct decision as clubs rarely recover from the type of tailspin, with associated rumours of behind the scenes unrest, that we've endured since Christmas. The style of football was also unengaging and would have certainly started to affect attendances and season ticket renewals. 

Your comments on appointing Clement indicated that you believed that the traditional role of a manager could be split down over several departments, thus mitigating any disruption caused when the head coach moved on. I'd respectfully ask you to rethink this position. The recruitment over the last two windows has been incoherent and wasteful. A good manager links the strands of the club together and allows team selection, coaching, tactical development and recruitment to be fully co-ordinated. If a manager has been the main driver in acquiring players he is naturally 'invested' in those players and will be more likely to try to find positive ways to develop and incorporate them into the team. It is my opinion that you should revisit your initial ideas for the structure of the club and employ a strong and proven manager as soon as possible.

Regards

CornwallRam

ps, Thanks for the scarf 

28 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

He was gone Saturday I think, the way he walked in isolation back to the cottage at the end of the game said volumes, deserved better imo, but will get behind whoever we appoint next.

I'm not gutted to see him gone, just disappointed that's all, 

Last line sums up my thoughts.

My lad noticed your first point too and I remember saying he's probably gone to get in early and  tell them where they went wrong.

Even noticed him pointing to someone up in the cottage, must have been Moysie, telling him youre next mate, see if you can do better.

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

Last line sums up my thoughts.

My lad noticed your first point too and I remember saying he's probably gone to get in early and  tell them where they went wrong.

Even noticed him pointing to someone up in the cottage, must have been Moysie, telling him youre next mate, see if you can do better.

Nah, it was Richard Osman he pointed to, pointless, I think not!

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Bring back Paul Clement now. I know you're really reading this anyway. 

BIG MISTAKE AND YOU'LL REGRET THIS, YOU'RE THE ONE SAID PAUL CLEMENT CAN BE NEXT ALEX FERGUSON. 

Clement should never have been given the job in the first place, we're not a school for rookie managers. Sure he came over as a nice decent honest guy, but we don't owe him a living, he got a tidy wage and a nice pay-off probaby, he can now go back to being Ancelloti's number 2 again. Lessons learned. Experience for the Rams please.

37 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I blame @i-Ram, met Jamie Ward and 2 days later he'd gone, same with Eric Steele, two days after meeting I-Ram Clements gone?

Not sure the analogy works, but just for your information I have today been looking at which of the other 91 teams I might go to to avoid another meeting.  I am thinking Plymouth.

Dear mel

you fluked millions by cashing in on other peoples creative efforts.

Now you're turning this club into a laughing stock.

There is a decent and honourable way to treat people. So far you're not doing great.

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Bring back Paul Clement now. I know you're really reading this anyway. 

BIG MISTAKE AND YOU'LL REGRET THIS, YOU'RE THE ONE SAID PAUL CLEMENT CAN BE NEXT ALEX FERGUSON. 

And everybody is entitled to a mistake.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Not sure the analogy works, but just for your information I have today been looking at which of the other 91 teams I might go to to avoid another meeting.  I am thinking Plymouth.

Sound, let me know when and where and we can **** their season up too, misery loves company!

54 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Have we moved backwards? we are 3 positions higher then what we finished last season. Ok he has had a load of 'top' players given to him but the team needs to gel. Clement needed time to learn from his mistakes too. We are in the play-offs a position where you can get promoted to sack him now is premature.

Nothing is won in February, so comparing the league position now to the final league position is silly. Lets compare the Clements bad spell of 7 league games and McClaren's bad spell of 7 league games in March.

I can't think of one of the last 7 games where I've thought we should have won. We've deservedly lost in all the games we've lost and scraped a draw in the others.

In McClaren's bad run, looking back at the fixtures the Brighton, Fulham and Wolves games I agree are write offs. So look at the rest, Birmingham 2-2, should have won at 2-0 and in injury time. Norwich away drawing 1-1, very good away performance against a soon to be promoted side. Boro at home, lost 1-0 but deserved a point there. Finally 2-2 against Watford but again gave up a late goal and should have won.

You'll probably say a game isn't won on 'should've done this'...'should've done that'. Yes I agree, but the performances alone were a lot better. Yes you can play awful football, grind out results 1-0's and 2-1's and go up, but you'll be found out very quickly...ala the Billy Davies year. Coaching players flair and natural ability is pretty darn impossible but coaching how to see out games can be done after playing the pretty football can be done.

Obviously we all want excellent performances and the results to show, but if I can only have one, I'd have excellent performances. Every football club has their own style, or 'way' as Morris says. Think Watford, people think fast attacking football, Middlesbrough, efficient precise football, Burnley predominately defensive but a mix of styles. Clough brought in or tried to bring in easy on the eye, fast flowing attacking football, McClaren took it to the next level, that for me is the standard set. Clement should be addressing the defensive frailties and leave the attack alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it and all. 

Too much changed, too quickly. In January just gone, too many players were signed. Yes we went up under Davies but his January signings rocked the boat, he shot automatic promotion and we got promoted on a missed penalty and a own goal. It's happened again this year and people on this forum warned others about it. 

I agree with the decision to sack Clement but disagree with the timing, but I've always held the opinion that managers should only allowed to be changed in the summer. Morris hasn't helped himself one bit with his Ferguson comments or his public promise of Clement's supposed job security.

Archived