Selection lucky dip

Sparkle

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody is happy with current form, it needs to change.

Paul Clement is clearly trying to make a change to the team performance by changing the team... 

Not so very long ago at all the cries were all for him to change it. Can't have it both ways.

People will moan about anything they can find when results aren't going their way. Staring to hear the old Winge about captain selection again recently... Give it a rest .

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Many will say the line ups recently are like lucky dip time hopefully this latest one shows pace movement and commitment

fingers crossed?       Or the manager simply doesn't know what he has got or how to handle it?

Or he's seen them all train this week and we haven't, probably the key thing out of everything. 

3 minutes ago, Oxram said:

Nobody is happy with current form, it needs to change.

Paul Clement is clearly trying to make a change to the team performance by changing the team... 

Not so very long ago at all the cries were all for him to change it. Can't have it both ways.

People will moan about anything they can find when results aren't going their way. Staring to hear the old Winge about captain selection again recently... Give it a rest .

Agreed. Never understood the whole captain thing. Makes no difference what so ever. Could give it to a mute. 

Plenty of leaders on the pitch, the only thing a captain can do that a regular player can't is moan at the ref a bit more. 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

His 2nd and 3rd subs were crap though, Ince should have come on for Weimann, blackman offered nothing again.

He did ok, just like others he made runs but when he looked back round the ball was being played amongst our defence. 

Johnson for a tiring Bryson seems legit too. They didn't come to fruition but they were hardly disasters. Crap? Nah. 

There have been a lot of lineups I haven't agreed with this season, even when we were winning. I think the midfield selection is pretty much wrong all the time. With it being so deep I've been crying out for either  Hendrick or Bryson to start each game. Today he starts with both of them but with no Thorne - strange. I'm not a football manager mind.

Great to see Bryson back though, and linking with Martin too. 

Sounds like hindsight bias, but I knew we would not get a result after seeing the starting lineup.

I like the selection, actually. The problem is starting so many rusty players at the same time:

• Olsson -- had not played a single minute for over a month
  • Baird -- had not played a single minute for almost a month
  • Bryson -- had not started a game since September
  • Russell -- had played less than 30 minutes since 16 January
  • Weimman -- had not started a game since December

I thought changes were necessary, but definitely not putting five rusty players in all at once.

Went to the game ,,, we are totally and utterly unrecognisable from the team of the last two years ,, there is zero movement off the ball ,, never a triangle of players so each player on the ball is isolated 90 % of the time with next to no options for a pass , if anybody thinks clement is the right man for the job now they must be crazy ,, he has totally destroyed a very vibrant fluid fast paced passing side that needed tweaking defensively to get over that final hurdle and win promotion, now if I could see the slightest glimmer of something else positive to take its place fair enough but not a thing to my eyes ,, drop butterfield today??????? , I very much doubt there's a player left in our squad who is not thinking inside that this man is barking and totally out of his depth 

The five changes brought about an improvement on anything we'd seen since Boxing Day.

By the same token, perhaps we ought to make 10 changes before the MK Dons game.

On the plus side Clement has finally realised we need midfield runners around Martin.

On the negative side: How many of the other top half sides are chopping and changing their sides?! He should have a plan and stick to it with odd changes dictated by poor form,not massive changes which alter our style of play.

Unfortunately I think Clement is on the ropes and Mel could act if we fail to beat MK Dons,will the players step up?

Just now, Seth's left foot said:

On the plus side Clement has finally realised we need midfield runners around Martin.

On the negative side: How many of the other top half sides are chopping and changing their sides?! He should have a plan and stick to it with odd changes dictated by poor form,not massive changes which alter our style of play.

Unfortunately I think Clement is on the ropes and Mel could act if we fail to beat MK Dons,will the players step up?

Bar Butterfield I think the changes were alright. The big negative for me was that despite having runners and despite having a left back who gets up and down we still looked too deep and slow for the majority of the game.

4 hours ago, Chris Mills said:

Agreed. Never understood the whole captain thing. Makes no difference what so ever. Could give it to a mute. 

Plenty of leaders on the pitch, the only thing a captain can do that a regular player can't is moan at the ref a bit more. 

The captain "makes no difference whatsoever". What a bizarre and strange thing to say. 

Tony Adams, Graham Souness, Dave Mackay, Bryan Robson, Bobby Moore, Steve Gerrard, Roy Macfarland, Kevin Ratcliffe, Billy Bremner, Stuart Pearce, Roy Keane, John Terry, 

All captains who made "no difference whatsoever" ? Hmmmm.

Archived