Man Utd 2009 Teams

Srg

Here are the teams from when we met in 2009...

Derby -

Carroll, Connolly, Todd, Nyatanga, Camara, Sterjovski, Green, Addison, Commons, Hulse, Davies

Subs: Bywater, Powell, Dickinson, Hines, Savage, Teale, Barazite

Man Utd -

Kuszczak, Rafael, Vidic, Evans, O'Shea, Anderson, Scholes, Gibson, Nani, Tevez, Welbeck

Subs: Amos, Giggs, Fletcher, Possebon, Carrick, Rooney, Ronaldo

Seems our squads have both gone the opposite way.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Srg said:

Derby -

Carroll, Connolly, Todd, Nyatanga, Camara, Sterjovski, Green, Addison, Commons, Hulse, Davies

Man Utd -

Kuszczak, Rafael, Vidic, Evans, O'Shea, Anderson, Scholes, Gibson, Nani, Tevez, Welbeck

I remember Ronaldo standing over a FK right at the end of that game. I was convinced he was going to score lol. 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Derby -

Man Utd -

Wait a second...  Dickinson made the bench!?!??!?!?!?!!!!

I can remember re-watching the match on Sky laughing at how well Andy Todd played.  It was hysterical at how well he did on that night...

17 minutes ago, Srg said:

Derby -

I was just about to say "I'd have a 2009 Rob Hulse in the side any day" then just checked his scoring record vs Chrissy... I always thought Hulse was quality... turns out we now have better...

I'd have a 2009 Addison back as DM cover though... And a 2009 Commons wasn't anything to be sniffed at...

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I was just about to say "I'd have a 2009 Rob Hulse in the side any day" then just checked his scoring record vs Chrissy... I always thought Hulse was quality... turns out we now have better...

I'd have a 2009 Addison back as DM cover though... And a 2009 Commons wasn't anything to be sniffed at...

2009 Green was basically a poor mans Craig Bryson from memory. Genuinely think the only player I'd have in the squad would be Commons.

Just shows how madly spoilt we actually are. About time we got some perspective for a little while.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Derby -

Man Utd -

These are the squads from the carling cup semi final. According to theguardian.com, THESE were the teams in the 5th round of the FA cup a few weeks later on Feb 15th of that year - not much different.

Derby

Bywater, Connolly, Addison, Albrechtsen, Stewart, Barazite, Green, Savage, Teale, Commons, Hulse. Subs: Carroll, Sterjovski, Nyatanga, Davies, Todd, Pearson, Porter.

Man U

Foster, Rafael Da Silva, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Park, Fletcher, Gibson, Nani, Giggs, Ronaldo.
Subs: Kuszczak, Vidic, Scholes, Welbeck, O'Shea, Tevez, Possebon.

I remember savage saying something to the effect that Derby were completely bamboozled by Man U not paying with a recognised centre forward.

the FA game was a daytime fixture

12 hours ago, Srg said:

2009 Green was basically a poor mans Craig Bryson from memory. Genuinely think the only player I'd have in the squad would be Commons.

Just shows how madly spoilt we actually are. About time we got some perspective for a little while.

How do you figure that? We have better players now so we should pretend to be delighted when they under-perform? Green and Addison were barely good enough to play in the championship, but were popular because they would run themselves into the ground to get a result.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

How do you figure that? We have better players now so we should pretend to be delighted when they under-perform? Green and Addison were barely good enough to play in the championship, but were popular because they would run themselves into the ground to get a result.

I think the fact Addison ran himself into the ground had more to do with his weight than his work-rate.

Archived