Rubbish Collection

Wolfie

OK, a bit peed off at this moment.

Not only do we now have to pay £30 a year on top of council tax, to have a garden waste bin but I've just phoned Newark Council to ask for a collection of 4 sections of kitchen worktop which we've just replaced and have been quoted £48. That's £12 fee per item and no discount for multiple items.

Is it any wonder that people fly-tip?

Is there any room next to Utch's sofa?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

OK, a bit peed off at this moment.

Not only do we now have to pay £30 a year on top of council tax, to have a garden waste bin but I've just phoned Newark Council to ask for a collection of 4 sections of kitchen worktop which we've just replaced and have been quoted £48. That's £12 fee per item and no discount for multiple items.

Is it any wonder that people fly-tip?

Is there any room next to Utch's sofa?

Just run it down to the tip yourself?

28 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Just run it down to the tip yourself?

Too long for the car (even my estate with the seats down) or I would do & one section is too long and wide.

Probably have to buy a cheap jigsaw to cut them up and then do exactly that.

58 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Too long for the car (even my estate with the seats down) or I would do & one section is too long and wide.

Probably have to buy a cheap jigsaw to cut them up and then do exactly that.

Guessing you don't have a roofrack either then? My dad used to use a friends trailer. Used to go to the tip fairly often though. I don't drive at all so I'd have to fork out if I ended up with that stuff, or get my dad down from Scotland for a weekend. 

If you don't own either a jigsaw or circular saw then until now you've not needed one so borrow - there must be a friend or neighbour who's got one (or even hire one if necessary). Then just cut into manageable pieces that will fit in the car and take to the tip - job done.

Watch your pinkies though!

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If you don't own either a jigsaw or circular saw then until now you've not needed one so borrow - there must be a friend or neighbour who's got one (or even hire one if necessary). Then just cut into manageable pieces that will fit in the car and take to the tip - job done.

Watch your pinkies though!

are you and wolfie related ?

God I hate councils ,a few years ago our bin day was a Monday so every time there was a bank holiday we would struggle so after one such holiday I left a black bag neatly tied up next to the bin.

Needless to say they left it ,so I ring up the council to have a go, the conversation goes like this 

Me - you have not taken my black bag it's been a bank holiday .

Them - Its your tough luck when its a holiday .

Me I tell you what's tough luck every time there's a bank holiday I will deduct an amount I see fit for not having my bins collected. And what's more if that bag is still there tomorrow I will ring environmental health.

Two hours later bin wagon reverses down my street to collect the said bag .Next month the bin day changes to Thursday and as been ever since .

Apparently the dead sperm whales are to be buried at a landfill site in Sheffield.

No news on the ultimate destiny of the bowl of petunias.

6 hours ago, eddie said:

Apparently the dead sperm whales are to be buried at a landfill site in Sheffield.

No news on the ultimate destiny of the bowl of petunias.

They enquired if there was space at the City Ground but were told that it was already full of rubbish!

Archived