What do you - the fans - think our strongest team is?

loughboroughRAM

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, cannable said:

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Warnock (Forsyth when fit)

Thorne

Butterfield (Hughes when fit) Bryson

Ince Martin Camara

Team instructions: Express yourselves.

I would agree with that although I personally prefer 4-4-2 that bein the case id play Johnson out wide left and at least we have the option of playing balls to the back post for him to win and send back into the danger area

4 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

Love it how everyones choosing Camara when he's only started 1 game.

Probably the same people who wrote Butterfield off after a couple games.

It's the Derby way.

Oh, and Booooooooo.

McLaren always said "it's all about us". Under clement he says he alters the team and tactics to counter the opposition. The team have to follow the plan. When Mac lost key players his system struggled. He really didn't have the infamous plan "b". The point is the approach is very different. If players have to keep altering their style regularly they, imo, will not be fluent. This will be manifest in the attack rather than the defence. We have got to where we are purely because we have had good individuals not because we have played as a team. 

All through the Season the players have not looked happy and have not shown passion. PC needs to take the straight jacket off the team and allow good players to express themselves and realise that it's more about motivating good players to play with a smile on their face and selecting a balanced side rather than trying to prove the coach is a tactical genius. 

The players are good enough. Let them play.

( Self confessed blind faither and non-booer)

I literally have no idea. The fact that our players fall in and out of form quicker than I thought possible makes it very difficult to even judge. 

I go to most games with a care in the world to what team we will name. It really doesn't matter.

Shackell, Ince, Martin, Hughes and Thorne are the five with the greatest ability but Clement seems to have had a negative impact on both Ince and Martin. I'd even argue that Thorne is a lesser player under Clement, although that can be debated. 

All in all, despite our league position, it's been difficult not feel underwhelmed with our performances this season. As I said a few days ago, the 13-14 team: Grant, Wisdom, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Thorne, Hughes, Hendrick/Bryson, Bamford/Ward, Russell and Martin would murder this team - with little difficulty too. 

Archived