If it aint broke, don't fix it

Bris Vegas

If it aint broke don't fix it?

I am afraid the cracks started to appear a while ago.

We have lacked quality since the Bristol game, we were lacklustre against Leeds, we lack an ideas against Boro, we nicked a cup win at a struggling division 2 side, we put in arguably the worst performance in recent years( bearing in mind the money spent) against Reading, but that was before today's performance!

How many performances this is season have we actually played well over the whole 90 minutes, Wolves?.

I am not talking about dominating games for 90mins, just playing well for the complete game, there ain't when games you can honestly say we have played well for the whole game. We have played well in parts of games quite often, so the cracks have been here for a while now.

Mel's rant after the Reading game might suggest not all is right behind the scenes?

Can Paul change it before we get to Burnley?

I do hope so, if not we will have rerun of last season, without using injuries as an excuse!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

I'm sorry but this wins the prize for Most Ridiculous Post of the Day...

Well I might have agreed with you a month or so ago, but the more I learn about Mr Morris I'm starting to believe that the dismissal of Mr Clement before the end of this season is not such a ridiculous thought. Whatever we might think or hear from our Chairman he demands we go up THIS SEASON. If player confidence doesn't improve over the next two or three games don't be surprised by a shock departure & instant replacement. After all we all know stranger things have happen in the crazy world of modern football.

11 hours ago, toddy said:

If it aint broke don't fix it?

I am afraid the cracks started to appear a while ago.

We have lacked quality since the Bristol game, we were lacklustre against Leeds, we lack an ideas against Boro, we nicked a cup win at a struggling division 2 side, we put in arguably the worst performance in recent years( bearing in mind the money spent) against Reading, but that was before today's performance!

How many performances this is season have we actually played well over the whole 90 minutes, Wolves?.

I am not talking about dominating games for 90mins, just playing well for the complete game, there ain't when games you can honestly say we have played well for the whole game. We have played well in parts of games quite often, so the cracks have been here for a while now.

Mel's rant after the Reading game might suggest not all is right behind the scenes?

Can Paul change it before we get to Burnley?

I do hope so, if not we will have rerun of last season, without using injuries as an excuse!

Despite popular opinion I thought the Hull game was perfect,  I can see where you're coming from though.  But, on the flip side, when did we play for the whole 90 mins last season, or the season before that?  It's very, even for elite teams to play consistently through the entire game.  Even Real, Bayern, Barca et al will give other teams a chance or two.

8 hours ago, TETRA said:

Well I might have agreed with you a month or so ago, but the more I learn about Mr Morris I'm starting to believe that the dismissal of Mr Clement before the end of this season is not such a ridiculous thought. Whatever we might think or hear from our Chairman he demands we go up THIS SEASON. If player confidence doesn't improve over the next two or three games don't be surprised by a shock departure & instant replacement. After all we all know stranger things have happen in the crazy world of modern football.

I'm sorry but Mr Morris didn't get to the position he's in today by making rash, knee-jerk decisions.  

Lets say he does give PC his P45, who in your opinion does he have lined up?  Who's the knight in shining armour who'll stride in at this stage of the season and immediately turn us round?

Christ we've hit a bad patch of 5 games and you're on about getting rid, God help the club if you and some others on here were in charge!!!

9 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Mel is on record as stating PC stays no matter what. Get a grip.

So he should.

Perhaps PC might benefit from having a mentor type figure around for a bit to advise or use as a sounding board.

Business coaches are used all the time  (I've had a couple) to help navigate choppy waters.

In another thread there are comparisons with karanka. I think that maybe a justified criticism of PC is trying to make too many changes mid season having not settled issues on formations /personnel in pre season. He should have kept it going as was until the next close season.

14 hours ago, dantheram said:

Personally, I would have opted for a man with experience at this level not a rookie. No point changing it now the mistake has been made. 

I remember you posting the same thing on boxing day when we went top. Oh actually, my mistake. You didn't.

I expect they're all meeting for an 8.00 am breakfast management pow-wow with flip charts and videos. They'll split up into groups to brain storm the issues and then convene with coffee and cakes to pool their ideas.

Jon vicars, sam rush, and colin gibson in one group.

PC, mel, and darren wassall in the other.

eventually they will collectively agree with whatever Mel says.

sorted. 

Archived