The Fawaz Circus 2016

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Things are looking up in tree country, they've only gone and managed to get a real sponsor for this years template kit!!! Big congratulations to Uncle Fawaz...

Why do the players modelling it all look like they are being made to do it at gunpoint?

Did Fawaz threaten to withhold their survival bonus if they didn't model the new kit??

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, davenportram said:

awful kit.C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_14380733-large.jpg

Its OK apart from being red and having a stupid tree on it.

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

The article about their new kit on Nottingham Post says the 2 stars are there to represent their two European Cups? When was this? I don't recall this ever being mentioned before.

Only recently discovered when the dead sea scrolls were re-examined...

On 5/26/2016 at 10:15, CornwallRam said:

Somebody has very recently pumped £8.5m into Forest. Annoyingly, that'll sort their embargo out. Expect an announcement on that very shortly. 

The interesting thing will be when we find out the source of the investment. It could well be that the Greek deal is sorted and the takeover is set to be announced. Or it could just be that Fawaz has pumped some cash in himself to sort the embargo out - either to make them a better proposition for a sale, or just trying to sort his own mismanagement out.

Either way, it's not good new because Forest are now considerably less 'Mickey Mouse' - bbbboooooooooo

You can't just do that with FFP

13 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The rules changed for this season and now require owners to do exactly that if they want to use their full £13m. 

true but it isn't that which has sorted the embargo, it was lifted by the football league before the investment was completed.

3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

true but it isn't that which has sorted the embargo, it was lifted by the football league before the investment was completed.

Their embargo is actually still in place. The league have agreed to lift it once certain things have been put in place to bring them into compliance with the current rules. They have trimmed their squad a little and reduced their wages. Several players amortisation periods are up, so their FFP losses are likely to be below the £13m, but they only get that £13m allowance if the shareholders pump in £8m - if not they just get a £5m allowance. I expect that the League are currently scrutinising the books and projections in the light of the recent investment - I expect that they will officially emerge from embargo in the early part of next week.

45 minutes ago, davenportram said:

just seen two gumps in the new kit, not flattering to the larger gentlemen looked like they'd done a Reid and 888.

I can see one 8 representing Reid and a second one being Kenny Burns (I wish he would), but haven't they got rid of Jossie?

They missed a trick. Could have made a film with those three, and called it The 3 Apigos.

Their embargo is actually still in place. The league have agreed to lift it once certain things have been put in place to bring them into compliance with the current rules. They have trimmed their squad a little and reduced their wages. Several players amortisation periods are up, so their FFP losses are likely to be below the £13m, but they only get that £13m allowance if the shareholders pump in £8m - if not they just get a £5m allowance. I expect that the League are currently scrutinising the books and projections in the light of the recent investment - I expect that they will officially emerge from embargo in the early part of next week.

The quote from the football league person on the article I linked said the embargo will be lifted when the transfer window opens at 2:30pm on the 7th May, so it is not still in place.

to be lifted now I thought they needed to show that the 15-16 accounts when scrutunised in December would meet the lower limit in place, because the £13m limit is for 16-17 accounting period not the 15-16 accounting period.

Edit - just read more and I am wrong about the limits but the embargo has been lifted as confirmed by football league statements.

and from forest official site

Hi Nottingham Forest’s transfer embargo will be lifted by the Football League.

Forest’s transfer activity has been restricted by the embargo since 2014 but, in a letter from chief executive Shaun Harvey, the Football League have confirmed the following:

'As stated within Rule 6.6 of the FFP (Financial Fair Play) rules, the embargo will be lifted with effect from the opening of the transfer window (2.30pm on 7 May 2016 for Championship clubs).'

I doubt the football league would let them state its lifted if its not

6 minutes ago, davenportram said:

The quote from the football league person on the article I linked said the embargo will be lifted when the transfer window opens at 2:30pm on the 7th May, so it is not still in place.

to be lifted now I thought they needed to show that the 15-16 accounts when scrutunised in December would meet the lower limit in place, because the £13m limit is for 16-17 accounting period not the 15-16 accounting period.

£13m is for 15-16.  16-17 is a rolling retrospective limit of £6m for 14-16 + £13m for 15-16 + £13m for 16-17 - so any previous undershoots/overshoots effect the allowance for the current season.

That quote is from Forest's press release - the Football League have not yet officially confirmed it, whereas they have with Fulham. 

£13m is for 15-16.  16-17 is a rolling retrospective limit of £6m for 14-16 + £13m for 15-16 + £13m for 16-17 - so any previous undershoots/overshoots effect the allowance for the current season.

That quote is from Forest's press release - the Football League have not yet officially confirmed it, whereas they have with Fulham. 

the football league dint have to confirm it. Do you really think the football league would leave a statement naming one of their officials on a website stating something that is not true?

Archived