The Fawaz Circus 2016

I have to laugh at some of the gumps whining about Bournemouth only being given a fine for their flagrant disregard of FFP, whereas Forest have been placed in umbongo.

They seem to be blissfully unaware that when Bournemouth racked up huge bills, their chairman paid them, whereas the Fridgemeister maxes out his credit card when failing to pay hotel bills, tax bills, bus fare, match ticket bills, toilet repair pills, Andy Reid's Just Eat bills etc.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still looking forward to the embargo thing playing out. The only way that Forest will be out of embargo is if the owners invest cash, rather than finance the club with loans - the £13m FFP limit only applies if the shareholders put in £8m in cash, no cash input brings the maximum allowable loss down to £5m - which Forest won't get close to. So far, Fawaz doesn't appear to have invested any cash beyond buying them in the first place. If he is selling up and if his family have really lost interest, I just can't see him putting in the required equity. If Forest are still owned by Al Hazawi family, I very much doubt they'll be out of embargo. Let's see how that plays out with the ever dwindling fan base.

Having said that, I think the most likely scenario is a new owner. Maybe that's why Fawaz has been telling them that they'll be out of embargo in the summer.

29 minutes ago, David said:

Isn't the owner of Olympikios (spelling?) investing and not buying the club, Fawaz is staying....or have I missed something?

All just rumours at present, but why would anyone want to be a minority investor in Forest? Losing over a £million a month with a side that has only escaped relegation because there are three woeful teams in the division, falling revenues and a completely incompetent Chairman? Investing in Forest without ousting Fawaz could only make sense as some sort of tax dodge or money laundering scheme.

However, there's no reason that Forest couldn't emulate Leicester with a competent and reasonably wealthy new owner, so I can easily forsee a complete takeover.

Sold them the 3rd star dream, seems like a believable bloke or maybe Forest fans are just gullible. 

Get us out the embargo, I'll ask Mum and Dad for some pocket money, we've got Jamie Ward that's better than Tom Ince. This time next year Rodney....

Serious head on I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of those Watford/Udinese type situations.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

I have to laugh at some of the gumps whining about Bournemouth only being given a fine for their flagrant disregard of FFP, whereas Forest have been placed in umbongo.

They seem to be blissfully unaware that when Bournemouth racked up huge bills, their chairman paid them, whereas the Fridgemeister maxes out his credit card when failing to pay hotel bills, tax bills, bus fare, match ticket bills, toilet repair pills, Andy Reid's Just Eat bills etc.

The last IOU was the killer which tipped them over the edge

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, eddie said:

Heard he moved to Hungry Horse once Derby had Just Eat on our shirts. As a result its been rumoured Just Eat are close to going into administration.

On 1 May 2016 at 11:51, CornwallRam said:

All just rumours at present, but why would anyone want to be a minority investor in Forest? Losing over a £million a month with a side that has only escaped relegation because there are three woeful teams in the division,

Forest are mid table?? Crazy fool

On 05/01/2016 at 11:51, CornwallRam said:

All just rumours at present, but why would anyone want to be a minority investor in Forest? Losing over a £million a month with a side that has only reached mid tabke because there are many woeful teams in the division, falling revenues and a completely incompetent Chairman? Investing in Forest without ousting Fawaz could only make sense as some sort of tax dodge or money laundering scheme.

Happy Tigger?

14 hours ago, David said:

image.jpeg

I imagine this bloke only went round the pub so he could tell everyone that Leicester winning the title isn't 'The greatest football story ever' like the press are saying.

Working in Nottingham I've heard alot of this pettiness already today. Christ.

1 hour ago, danthebeast said:

I imagine this bloke only went round the pub so he could tell everyone that Leicester winning the title isn't 'The greatest football story ever' like the press are saying.

Working in Nottingham I've heard alot of this pettiness already today. Christ.

It's going to be their new catchphrase "but but but Leicester didn't do what we did thirty seven years ago and don't forget that" I think it's replacing the two stars on next year's shrit in fact. Sorry, FACT

16 hours ago, eezzeetiger said:

Forest are mid table?? Crazy fool

Split the league into thirds, you're in the bottom third ;)

I'll let you have "third quarter" to prevent being lumped in with the relegated lot, if you like. 

35 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Looks like Andy reids dad making a lunge for the buffet.

I was goin to say he looks too skinny to be Andy Reid's dad. But then I suppose if you live in the same house as Andy Reid, you're going to be skinny, as I don't suppose he leaves much food for anyone else. It therefore follows that Andy Reid's dad would be desperately lunging for any buffet he might see. Andy Reid's family probably need a telethon before they all starve. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

I was goin to say he looks too skinny to be Andy Reid's dad. But then I suppose if you live in the same house as Andy Reid, you're going to be skinny, as I don't suppose he leaves much food for anyone else. It therefore follows that Andy Reid's dad would be desperately lunging for any buffet he might see. Andy Reid's family probably need a telethon before they all starve. 

That's a far more thoughtful analysis than went into my post Tedd. 

Might I just reiterate what a great achievement has occurred today in terms of a journeyman outfit working their bits off to earn success against the established elite.

Yes, I have just clocked up 1,000 "likes".

I thank you all.......luvvies. .........darlings.....☺☺☺☺

8 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Fawaz has been tweeting again 

When will they learn that you should not let megalomaniac's or young children near social media???

Imagine if he discovered Tinder, the whole scouting policy would change.

8 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Fawaz has been tweeting again 

Yes, thanks for that. I see he now has a job as a part-time photographer. Times must be hard at the Theatre of Pink.

Archived