The Fawaz Circus 2016

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Red_Dawn said:

This. 

Think the point Daveo's making is the people who spend time talking to you guys are the people who don't mind you giving some of the crap over the past few seasons back. I certainly don't. But there are people on the main board who can't be accounted for, have never "dished it out" and a potential reaction from them makes any "trolling" or "banter" look disruptive of the forum. Sometimes people have to go from fan to mod :p 

On the note of Forest, as I haven't said anything about them in a while. I hope they do continue to improve and become competitive in this league. But I hope the wheels fall off and you lose Dougie and THEN you become competitive in this league. I hate DF.

If members from this forum went on LTLF just after the sacking of a Forest manager bumping old topics in the main board you know we would be banned instantly, no warnings, I've seen people banned much quicker on there for posting in the Derby thread! 

LTLF is for Forest fans first and foremost and DCFC Fans is for Derby fans. It's not a case of being mardy, not all fans are interested in the banter that's why we've always asked away fans to stay out of match day threads on games their club is not involved in. 

Now is not the time to be wumming/trolling our main board, no likey? that's fine, plenty of other Derby forums to go on and wind up if you like. I get you're excited and loving this, all we're asking is to keep it in here where those that can give and take will entertain you without annoying others so stop being a mard arse :) 

You should keep it in this thread. My two bobs is that this forum is really well run unlike most others. I don't want to be seeing old posts in the main areas of the site where I want to discuss Derby matters like new manager etc. I don't want to see threads from a while back or posts relating to Forest fans taking the piss.

Keep that here as I really cba with the banter as such and would come to this thread if I wanted some? 

16 minutes ago, Daveo said:

If members from this forum went on LTLF just after the sacking of a Forest manager bumping old topics in the main board you know we would be banned instantly, no warnings

Well that's simply not true in my experience. Although I was masquerading as a gump at the time so....

41 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Really? It looked more like banter to me.

I love to laugh at Forest and lose no opportunity to tease my Red Dog mates when they mess up - which is why I like Fawaz so much. It would be supremely hypocritical of me to then get prissy when they reciprocate. We've sacked a manager, so we're bound to get some comment from the darkside of the Trent. We need to keep our sense of humour and take it all in jest. That way, when we appoint a proper manager next week and go on to win the league, we can give it all back with a clear conscience.

But please, as Derby fans, let's not get all mardy about a few smirks from Notts Forest, with their rented pink seats never ending embargo. Let them laugh - take it, remember it and give it all back when the time is right.

Quite right. Just in the right place as Daveo said.

14 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

The 'Derby way' as described by Mel, is attacking football and a pathway into the first team for academy players. Instead, we've been playing pretty negative football, passing around the back rather than playing a forward pass that's more risky. And we had Hanson as the academy player to come through this year in the early stages of the season, he did quite well and then hasn't had a look in since, not been near the match day 18.

he shouldn't have sanctioned the transfers then should he

1 hour ago, Daveo said:

If members from this forum went on LTLF just after the sacking of a Forest manager bumping old topics in the main board you know we would be banned instantly, no warnings, I've seen people banned much quicker on there for posting in the Derby thread! 

LTLF is for Forest fans first and foremost and DCFC Fans is for Derby fans. It's not a case of being mardy, not all fans are interested in the banter that's why we've always asked away fans to stay out of match day threads on games their club is not involved in. 

Now is not the time to be wumming/trolling our main board, no likey? that's fine, plenty of other Derby forums to go on and wind up if you like. I get you're excited and loving this, all we're asking is to keep it in here where those that can give and take will entertain you without annoying others so stop being a mard arse :) 

ive got to say I agree with this. C'mon tiger stop windng our webbed fingered friends up. keep it in here.

Concerning LTLF, I agree. some of your lot have come on there and try abit of banter and the majority just have a right mardy about it in return and mods just ban them for literally nothing.

Not ki55ing your ar5e but this forum makes us forest fans (IMO) ALMOST accepted. Its appreciated.

19 minutes ago, stoners said:

he shouldn't have sanctioned the transfers then should he

Why not? If he's told by Clement/whoever that they need to sign a winger or a left back or whatever and he agrees to fund the move, he's done nothing wrong in my book. We have some youngsters who are probably more than capable of being cover for the first team, but it looks like Clement or the transfer team preferred if we had 2-3 experienced players per position.

I'll be honest it's good to see that some Forest still fans still have a sense of humour.

You all graciously accept the banter aimed your way (even if you do go into hiding sometimes), so it is only fair that you should be able to give us some stick now that you have gone above us in the league....Oh wait...

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'll be honest it's good to see that some Forest still fans still have a sense of humour.

You all graciously accept the banter aimed your way (even if you do go into hiding sometimes), so it is only fair that you should be able to give us some stick now that you have gone above us in the league....Oh wait...

Can't put a points value on a moral victory...... :D

Archived