Will we hit the window early?

Boycie

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mel doesn't like to fook about, if the players have been identified, he'll think it'll make sense to have them available for selection sooner rather than later, possibly not cup tied but available to be picked second week of Jan as opposed to the first week of Feb.

That's what I think anyway, could be a load of old $hite mind, you know me. :)

If we've identified targets then it's likely to be either for U21s or to strengthen the first team squad. Any earmarked for the latter should be brought in as soon as possible - if they're potentially better than what we have then their immediate inclusion could mean us securing an extra point or three before transfer deadline day and who knows how vital those extra points could be come May?

Mel

we've got enough.

don't blow anymore dosh.

You'll devalue any success we have. It will just look like we bought success. Which we will have done. Enough is enough. Shackell was ok to buy because he was ours anyway....in our heads. Baird, pearce and carson weren't alot of money. Ince.....well that was crazy but we were obliged to go through with that one. Weimann - was that necessary? Butterfield and johnson - well we had to didn't we because of what happened to Will and Craig Bryson. But thats it. Stop. We don't need any more. we don't need any stroppy french players like newcastle sign. N E W C A S T L E remember? Leave it. Show some loyalty to the players we have.....ok?

regards

RamNut

p.s.  (Apart from a new keeper obviously).

Sometimes a player becomes available only at the last minute as they have just got their replacement signed, like Bradley Johnson.

Ross McCormack is reportedly being targeted by Boro. in a straight choice on equal deals, I wonder which he would prefer, us or them?. Boro look certainties for promotion to me. I would like to see us seven points clear of third position, which I think may be defendable long term.

8 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Sometimes a player becomes available only at the last minute as they have just got their replacement signed, like Bradley Johnson.

Ross McCormack is reportedly being targeted by Boro. in a straight choice on equal deals, I wonder which he would prefer, us or them?. Boro look certainties for promotion to me. I would like to see us seven points clear of third position, which I think may be defendable long term.

Probably Boro. We have several strikes against our name when it come to promotion disappointment where as Boro looked good last year and arguably should have gone up and are carrying on this year.

I'd say Boro are the more likely team to go up and stay up from an unbiased point of view.

2 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Probably Boro. We have several strikes against our name when it come to promotion disappointment where as Boro looked good last year and arguably should have gone up and are carrying on this year.

I'd say Boro are the more likely team to go up and stay up from an unbiased point of view.

I agree Chris.

Archived