One down, one to go!

Brammie Steve

At the halfway stage we had lost only two games, ergo, only two teams had any possibility of doing the double over us.

As of last night, and with 22 teams to compete against, there is but one!

Apart from reclaiming the Brian Clough trophy it would be good to finish a season with no doubles against our name.

I recall Arsenal achieving this but have we ever been in this position before?

Yet more icing on the Christmas cake of a great season.

Can anyone think of other achievements so far for Clement's men?

(AKA the beaux of Paul Clement's)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, steve brummie said:

Can anyone think of other achievements so far for Clement's men?

Managed to reach the automatic promotion places with a rubbish manager who doesn't know what he's doing.

Managed to overturn the gap between us and Brighton that was deemed insurmountable about 8 games into the season.

Managed to get Curtains to say something positive about them.

Given the choice of losing to the gumps but beating Boro or beating the gumps 8-0 and losing to Boro, it'd be a tough call. Make it 9-0 against Forest and I'd think about it.

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Managed to reach the automatic promotion places with a rubbish manager who doesn't know what he's doing.

Managed to overturn the gap between us and Brighton that was deemed insurmountable about 8 games into the season.

Managed to get Curtains to say something positive about them.

Not super rams though. 

Thought he'd be on after last night. Had some ammo ready for him. Although he'd probably just ignore it like normal

35 minutes ago, eddie said:

Given the choice of losing to the gumps but beating Boro or beating the gumps 8-0 and losing to Boro, it'd be a tough call. Make it 9-0 against Forest and I'd think about it.

I would take a win over Boro than Forest all day long.

We have a rivalry with Forest, but I really don't care enough about them to allow a promotion rival to edge further clear just so we beat them. I said to a mate that I wouldn't mind being beaten by Forest twice and knocked out of both cups by them as long as we went up, he wasn't so sure!

14 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I would take a win over Boro than Forest all day long.

We have a rivalry with Forest, but I really don't care enough about them to allow a promotion rival to edge further clear just so we beat them. I said to a mate that I wouldn't mind being beaten by Forest twice and knocked out of both cups by them as long as we went up, he wasn't so sure!

They'd stick another 4 stars on teir shirt if that happened

12 hours ago, davenportram said:

How many times have we had an unbeaten run of 10 games, 1 loss then another unbeaten run of 8 games? got to be the least games lost in a first half of a season surely?

Not sure about the first half of a season but here's the lowdown on full seasons.

Our record least defeats was in the 1968/69 season when we lost 5 games and ended up as Champions.(P42)

The last time we lost less than 10 games in a season was 1995/96 when we lost 9 and finished 2nd (P46)

Other key seasons:

1956/57 P46 L9 POS 1st

1971/72 P42 L8 POS 1st

1974/75 P42 L10 POS 1st

1986/87 P42 L8 POS 1st

2006/07 P46 L12 POS 3rd

2013/14 P46 L11 POS 3rd

So we are certainly on track for a record. I should probably be getting get excited but this is Derby; we've all been here before.

Archived