This Rams team has a fair bit of bottle

Curtains

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest at 2-1 down with Shackell off the pitch I thought that was us done but we showed good resiliency. We've done the same quite a lot this season where we've come from behind to get draws late on, such as Boro, Birmingham, Brighton and Leeds off the top of my head. It's great that instead of conceding late goals and dropping points we're scoring late and picking up points, and it's very crucial to our promotion hopes.

Agree entirely. Just look back at the importance of the penalty tucked away by "TheWardrobe" against Brighton. They would have been 7 pts ahead of us with a 2-1 win. Now they are 4pts behind which may as well be 5 pts what with our superior goal difference. Although i have seen us play better this season dont under-estimate the value of Ince‘s goal last night. Leeds are going to be a tough nut to crack for most sides at Helland Road whilst Evans is in charge. At 2-1 the crowd were right behind them so to overcome the dissapointment of going from 1-0 up to 2-1 down (of which 1 was a complete disaster) and with the Helland Road faithful baying for blood, the composure shown by Incey was excellent.

1 hour ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Agree entirely. Just look back at the importance of the penalty tucked away by "TheWardrobe" against Brighton. They would have been 7 pts ahead of us with a 2-1 win. Now they are 4pts behind which may as well be 5 pts what with our superior goal difference. Although i have seen us play better this season dont under-estimate the value of Ince‘s goal last night. Leeds are going to be a tough nut to crack for most sides at Helland Road whilst Evans is in charge. At 2-1 the crowd were right behind them so to overcome the dissapointment of going from 1-0 up to 2-1 down (of which 1 was a complete disaster) and with the Helland Road faithful baying for blood, the composure shown by Incey was excellent.

Great goal by Ince made by Johnson and Russell and a great finish. 

That goal last night by Ince stopped a Leeds double on the Rams  

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Great goal by Ince made by Johnson and Russell and a great finish. 

That goal last night by Ince stopped a Leeds double on the Rams  

Which leaves only Forest who can still achieve that feat.

I didn't think we were down and out tbh. I thought we'd get another chance at least. 

I didn't think Shotton did owt wrong either. I know he's not as good as Shackell but not sure where it is that he's earned a reputation as a donkey. 

Shackell is a brilliant CB and I'd vote him for poty so far. But he wouldn't have made Grant catch the ball or helped with that throw in. And he certainly wouldn't have created more chances. 

I'm trying to think what Leeds created and I can think of two goals and a free kick? 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I didn't think we were down and out tbh. I thought we'd get another chance at least. 

I didn't think Shotton did owt wrong either. I know he's not as good as Shackell but not sure where it is that he's earned a reputation as a donkey. 

Shackell is a brilliant CB and I'd vote him for poty so far. But he wouldn't have made Grant catch the ball or helped with that throw in. And he certainly wouldn't have created more chances. 

I'm trying to think what Leeds created and I can think of two goals and a free kick? 

This puzzles me too, been racking my brains as to when he's made a massive error, he is what he is, decent back up at our level.

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

When I say down and out I mean 2-1 down with 15 to go having started so well and let Leeds back in the game .

Last season that game would have been lost IMO but we always think we can get back from adversity now. 

Shouldn't have drew at 2-1 down but we should have won it.

The Johnson header was very unlucky. Obviously he should have scored, but Shotton was inches away, if he touches that, it's a goal, if he wasn't there, Johnson would have seen the ball the whole way and maybe would have scored.

From the moment we equalised if anyone was going to win it was us.

2 hours ago, AnimalisaRam said:

Would be typical if they did.. We could be promoted and they'd then think they were world champions.

Chumpions, more like.

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest. In fact, I think I'd find their crowing from the bottom half of the Championship to be most amusing.

Archived