Drugs

Ovis aries

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My daughter is on 17 tablets a day. It's all to do with IBS, which has some pretty shyte symptoms, diagnosed after about 10 months of hospital to-ing and fro-ing. 

This year has been a tricky one where meds are concerned, hope next year is better. 

That's a right stash you have there Ovis, get better soon, are the injections insulin?

14 minutes ago, ladyram said:

My daughter is on 17 tablets a day. It's all to do with IBS, which has some pretty shyte symptoms, diagnosed after about 10 months of hospital to-ing and fro-ing. 

This year has been a tricky one where meds are concerned, hope next year is better. 

That's a right stash you have there Ovis, get better soon, are the injections insulin?

No one is a clotting agent and the other is filgrastim to aid white sell production,

PS Best wishes to you daughter .

6 hours ago, Ovis aries said:

How many do we take ? here's my little assortment at the moment plus a couple of injections in the fridge , and every three weeks four different poisons at the Royal,:(

IMG_0295.JPG

Whats the dildo for?

15 hours ago, ladyram said:

Have you tried removing Gluten from your Daughters diet? I was diagnosed with IBS loads of times but worked out what irritated my bowel and it was Gluten/Wheat, apparently a huge percentage of IBS sufferers are actually Gluten intolerant, might be worth keeping a diary of food intake and working out the trigger, after Christmas obviously :D

Dont take as many pills and potions as I used to but what I do take is good stuff.

Have slow release morphine morning and night and fast acting morphine tablets throughout the day as required.

Also have IV injections of clotting factor three times a week minimum.

16 hours ago, LesterRam said:

Have you tried removing Gluten from your Daughters diet? I was diagnosed with IBS loads of times but worked out what irritated my bowel and it was Gluten/Wheat, apparently a huge percentage of IBS sufferers are actually Gluten intolerant, might be worth keeping a diary of food intake and working out the trigger, after Christmas obviously :D

Yep, done that, she's had blood tests for intolerances - nothing conclusive. 

She suffers from acid reflux too, all kinds of foods triggered it, milk especially (tried gf & soy) now she can only have skimmed. Even just eating an apple would set it off, things are a bit more settled now with the meds, but certain foods and definately anything spicy are avoided now as she can get quite poorly from them. 

Take asthma inhalers, acilivor twice a day to keep shingles at bay, and a drug called Ruxolitinib which is a newish drug for rare blood cancers

2 hours ago, ladyram said:

Yep, done that, she's had blood tests for intolerances - nothing conclusive. 

She suffers from acid reflux too, all kinds of foods triggered it, milk especially (tried gf & soy) now she can only have skimmed. Even just eating an apple would set it off, things are a bit more settled now with the meds, but certain foods and definately anything spicy are avoided now as she can get quite poorly from them. 

Sounds terrible ladyram, hope you and the family have a good Christmas.

Archived