Gardeners, how much?

Day

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can do it yersen Daveo, it's not that big a space. I did our front garden, chopped down 3 conifers meself, then basically got rid of all the overgrown plants, took it back to bare soil, double membraned the whole area then gravelled around existing flag stones.

Costwise about £200, gravel, planters and plants but saved a packet in Labour costs. Not bad really cos it's not that small. 

Get going. 

On 16 December 2015 at 16:06, Daveo said:

I'm in a new build house, the garden is crap, we've tried to seed it but the grass won't take, it's patchy all over. Tried all that super food liquid crap, nothing. The section of grass which is roughly 10ft x 8ft, I want gone and either slabbed or a membrane down with stones, not decided yet, feeling the slabbed route more as the stones get everywhere.

Roughly how much should I be looking at paying with labour and materials?

Never paid for one before so I'm clueless and no, don't even suggest it, do I really look like the kinda guy that's into gardening? I just want a rough idea that's all before I go and get quotes. 

I'd deck it.... looks the dogs nads and you've got a useable garden all year round.

Archived