iPro patience

Alph

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

No if I was earning more then them I might. I certainly would if I was a footballer. Are you aware of football culture? You know there's a lot of swearing?

Some people are staying away. I know of a bloke who supports West Brom but he goes to watch Bradford on a Saturday instead. Why? Because West Brom are a bit gash for the league they're in and you can take your whole family to watch Bradford for a tenner and have a lot more fun.

Or alternatively you can contact the players complaints department. Oh, hang on there isn't one. Shouting 'abuse' it is then. 

Don't be patronising. I've been going to games since I was young. My first game was the last at the BBG, and my dad used to be a steward home and away for Derby. So yes, I am very much aware of the amount of swearing. Doesn't make it acceptable to call someone a cnut. And there's a difference between your performance is crap, and you are crap.

I dont hear a lot of moaning, but i dont really hear getting behind the team either, unless its a massive game, like a play off semi for example.

Derby fans, and im sure most home fans of an english club outside of the premier, only start singing when we are winning. It seems like the fans need the team to start playing well, before they will put some vocal effort in. When really, the team needs our support most when they are in a tough game, and they need to somehow summon that extra 5/10% to make the difference.

10 minutes ago, AnimalisaRam said:

Don't be patronising. I've been going to games since I was young. My first game was the last at the BBG, and my dad used to be a steward home and away for Derby. So yes, I am very much aware of the amount of swearing. Doesn't make it acceptable to call someone a cnut. And there's a difference between your performance is crap, and you are crap.

I'll be as patronising as I want. We've gone from whether or not getting impatient is understandable to saying swearing is wrong. You sound like Mary Whitehouse. Do you know how much swearing the players and the staff do? How much abuse they give the officials? McClaren banned swearing last season. Why would he need to do that? They're a bunch of gobshites themselves.

27 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

No if I was earning more then them I might. I certainly would if I was a footballer. Are you aware of football culture? You know there's a lot of swearing?

Some people are staying away. I know of a bloke who supports West Brom but he goes to watch Bradford on a Saturday instead. Why? Because West Brom are a bit gash for the league they're in and you can take your whole family to watch Bradford for a tenner and have a lot more fun.

Or alternatively you can contact the players complaints department. Oh, hang on there isn't one. Shouting 'abuse' it is then. 

Only one way to see how Gobby players are... Mic the refs up.... Been saying this for years...

9 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I'll be as patronising as I want. We've gone from whether or not getting impatient is understandable to saying swearing is wrong. You sound like Mary Whitehouse. Do you know how much swearing the players and the staff do? How much abuse they give the officials? McClaren banned swearing last season. Why would he need to do that? They're a bunch of gobshites themselves.

Care to point out where I said that?

I said calling someone a cnut is wrong.

Mary Whitehouse? Because I believe fans shouldn't be abusive towards players? Alright then.

Shame, I think I'll finally use the ignore button. Didn't think I'd ever have to.

1 minute ago, AnimalisaRam said:

Care to point out where I said that?

I said calling someone a cnut is wrong.

Mary Whitehouse? Because I believe fans shouldn't be abusive towards players? Alright then.

Shame, I think I'll finally use the ignore button. Didn't think I'd ever have to.

Haha objects to being called a Mary Whitehouse and then goes full Anita Sarkeesian! Pull yourself together.

2 minutes ago, AnimalisaRam said:

I'd love to see this happen. It's great in rugby.

Would cut out the rubbish managers come up with post match , hiding behind blaming a referee instead of their own failings

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I'd love to hear BJ when a decision doesn't go his way. I haven't seen many players that look angrier lol 

There was a moment in the game against Sheffield Wednesday, think he was penalised for jumping unfairly.

Lets say you didn't have to know much lipreading to guess what he was saying :lol:

6 hours ago, The 1884 Group said:

However, the silence and lack of support was extremely concerning. It's like we are saying earn our support. Surely our record this season means they get it unequivocally?

Do you think having two games so close together could have caused the dour environment in during the second game.

Archived