Coffee Machines

WorksopRam

I'd like one of Heston Blumenthal's new ones, something with his name on it will not be crap. 

Only thing is the price, I daren't look. I wonder if there's one o'them on Amazon? 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Daveo said:

Coffee like Cappuccino and Mochaccino are powders in both, just the water runs through the pods. Regular coffee just get the Azera coffee. We've got a hot water dispenser so it's pretty much the same thing. 

The Tassimo has 2 parts to a cappuccino, some kind of condensed milk in normal liquid form, and the espresso shot.

seems to be superior to the toy town machine you bought tbh.

I have a Krups Dolce Gusto at home (machines are cheap as chips, pods about £3.60 for 16) and a Nespresso at work.  The latter has far, far better coffee if you are a bit of a purist and like a richer taste.  I get on just fine with the Dolce, though. 

No brainer: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/small-kitchen-appliances/coffee-machines-and-accessories/coffee-machines/delonghi-dolce-gusto-jovia-edg250-r-hot-drinks-machine-red-10123988-pdt.html?gclid=CNiS0bPa2ckCFdQ_Gwod4B8GuQ&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~~~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&s_kwcid=AL!3391!3!85318525404!!!g!125716501044!&ef_id=Vm3ZIgAABYOlVg9z:20151213204626:s

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

The Tassimo has 2 parts to a cappuccino, some kind of condensed milk in normal liquid form, and the espresso shot.

seems to be superior to the toy town machine you bought tbh.

Tassim use ground coffee in their coffee pods but they can be expensive - (so my dad says)

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Yeah, bout 50p a cup really.

Its when the missus gives her sister some of my tassimo that really gets me goat. It's just not on.

So , you wouldn't give your sister in law one ?

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

I'd like a bean to cup machine me.

but they are dear, the Hestintial machines are just rebadged delonghi machines @ladyram

I've got a Delonghi Magnifica S bean to cup, anyone who thinks a sachet can compare to the real deal has no taste buds and probably drinks yellow gassy beer:ph34r::lol:

Convenient? Certainly. Quality? I'm not convinced, having tried the output of several machines and found the coffee underwhelming. "They're the ready-meal of coffee – hugely processed and overpriced compared to the raw ingredient," says Tim Williams, director of operations at Workshop Coffee – a man who knows his beans. "I tried a Nespresso from the machine in a hotel room. It was revolting – very thin and with an ashy body."

But while pod machines might not make great coffee, they do make a consistent cup. This is making them irresistible to high-end restaurants, including Heston Blumenthal's Fat Duck. Nespresso machines can now be found in the kitchens of around 30% of the world's 2,400 Michelin-starred restaurants. The appeal is obvious –they're consistent, cheaper than hiring a barista and take up less space than a traditional espresso machine. "I used a Nespresso at home and would seriously consider it for restaurant use," says chef and restaurateur Mat Follas.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2013/apr/10/rise-coffee-pod-machines-nespresso

59 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I have a Nespresso and fookin love it, just bought another 50 pods, loads of flavours and strengths.

Not bothered what anyone else says, I love mine!! so do one :p:p

The point is mw, that if it suits you all is wonderful in the world, it wouldn't do for me.

Just now, Boycie said:

Bet you had one in the corporate area Saturday dintyer.

comin on here rubbin it in!

When it was free drinks you think I'm having coffee? Was on the lovely yellow gassy San Miguels, not watered down up there either

Archived