Galaxy 6s edge+

Ovis aries

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

plug the leads in to your pc, hit the my computer (this pc) icon, and then look through to find what you want to put on PC, then copy and paste.

Better still, if it's android, make sure you have a gmail.com account, and have it to automatically back up pics to Photos.

I was at work the other day and had taken a photo of an enormous system flowchart I had drawn on a whiteboard. Had a similar problem - no mini usb.

I registered (finally) an email address (it's a windows phone) and emailed from my phone to my pooter as an attachment.

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

I was at work the other day and had taken a photo of an enormous system flowchart I had drawn on a whiteboard. Had a similar problem - no mini usb.

I registered (finally) an email address (it's a windows phone) and emailed from my phone to my pooter as an attachment.

You need an iPhone Eddie, can add things to iCloud and access it on the web through iCloud.com

Use the Windows phone as a book end or something

13 minutes ago, eddie said:

you should have built in one drive that you can save photos to and access from any pc using the email address you set up to login to the one drive website.

5 minutes ago, Daveo said:

You need an iPhone Eddie, can add things to iCloud and access it on the web through iCloud.com

Use the Windows phone as a book end or something

see my post above. Windows phone has OneDrive. Very similar to your icloud in many respects. With the advantage of use of office online applications built in.

17 minutes ago, davenportram said:

see my post above. Windows phone has OneDrive. Very similar to your icloud in many respects. With the advantage of use of office online applications built in.

But Eddie has a Mac at home, will sync automatically and Apple has it's own Pages (Word) and Numbers (Excel) apps which are loaaaads better and you can easily open them back up in Word 

38 minutes ago, Daveo said:

But Eddie has a Mac at home, will sync automatically and Apple has it's own Pages (Word) and Numbers (Excel) apps which are loaaaads better and you can easily open them back up in Word 

I've got 3 Macs and a Windowbox.

It was the first time I'd used the phone to take a photo, and the only reason I have it is that it will handshake with my neckloop and my hearing aids.

6 minutes ago, davenportram said:

pretty sure you can get a one drive app or macbook that will sync too.

Oh yeah here it is

https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/onedrive/id823766827?mt=12

No need when you have iCloud built in, syncs your photos, calendars, reminders, notes, contacts, passwords, pages, numbers, and even backs up your phone.

When used with Safari you can also open tabs you last used on your phone.

It's basically better. Fantastic. Awesome. 

Microsoft apps are crap on Apple as well, Boycie's missus almost lost all her work through Microsoft Office on it the other day

apple really have done a job on you. You need it to work. Then every 6 months we will put an update out that makes one of our older products obsolete so you have to replace it. Oh and if you dint update well stop our apps working on old versions of ios

I know Microsoft do it too but not as often. And they have made the new Office 365 subscription services backward comparable. Anyone at a schoo or uni that uses office 365 for email etc can get a fully functional copy of office 365 or 2010 on their own laptop free of charge. Pretty cool

1 minute ago, davenportram said:

apple really have done a job on you. You need it to work. Then every 6 months we will put an update out that makes one of our older products obsolete so you have to replace it. Oh and if you dint update well stop our apps working on old versions of ios

I know Microsoft do it too but not as often. And they have made the new Office 365 subscription services backward comparable. Anyone at a schoo or uni that uses office 365 for email etc can get a fully functional copy of office 365 or 2010 on their own laptop free of charge. Pretty cool

Let's look at the options, Android only the latest phones get the new software updates and you have to wait ages depending on the carrier as they did time to fill your phone with their junk apps.

I had the HTC Hero was still in its first year, new Android update came out and my phone wasn't going to be supported at all, only the new models later that year!

Windows, the phones most app developers ignore, you only had apps like Sky Go since April this year! Snapchat? Nope, Instagram? Been in Beta since last year. YouTube? Hasn't been updated in 2 years. Also has a browser that software developers have given up on.

Windows on PC do I need to even go there? 

I bought the first iPad mini in 2012, only now has it just started to slow down so I gave it the missus, still more than useable and she's really happy with it. IMac I had through OSX Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite and now El Capitan yet still runs lightening quick and all of which were free.

The only thing Apple can be beaten on is price, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for

Archived