Carsons Save

Derbados

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7 November 2015 14:46:55, Ewe Ram said:

I've been following a 'fan' on Twitter and he tweets the most unbelievable crap sometimes. I usually laugh at his stupidity but when he tweeted that we need a new keeper last night finally I kicked him to the curb. 

Please don't send him to me.

Whoscored lists claiming crosses as his one weakness and it is apparent that he's not generally dominant on corners etc. I don't think he has a lot of crosses to deal with, fortunately, as Shackell and Keogh head most of them away and we tend to get counter attacked down the middle anyway for most of the shots we face. Carson must be furious at the number of unstoppable deflected shots he's had to face this season but generally happy with his defence. How many of our conceded goals have been deflected - half? More?

He conceded a lot of deflected goals which is the main way teams scores against us! He has filled me with confidence no longer thinking every shot or cross is going to be a goal. I like his command of the area as well not seen many of our goalkeepers in the past do that.

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

going back to the save he made, if he hadn't got it i would have been really dissapointed with him it was a decent height etc.

he is an ok goalie, nothing amazing...now Jack Butland on the other hand.

Fully expect him to be England's number one for the world cup in 2018. Well at least I hope he will be. I think Hart is a good goalkeeper but I don't rate him as being world class. Butland looks like he could be one day.

On 11.11.2015 klo, Tombo said:

On the basis of how many games? Wasn't Grant the new Jesus early last season and in the 13/14 season?

Grant surely wasn't my saviour... We haven't really had good keepers after Poom, so saying best after Poom ain't much of a achievement.

But I'm happy with Carson!

Archived