Forum Update - Including Editor Fixes

Day

You know the one I've been promising for like ages? the one that fixes the editor for mobile and tablet users, that doesn't randomly take you back to the previous page when you open the editor, that doesn't randomly open up the media menu or trigger notify me of replies and all that.

Well it's been released. Like officially available to install right now, this very second.

I'm installing a fresh copy to a secret location on the internet where I will recreate the same colour theme here as some of it has been changed with new css code.

Once I'm happy I will upgrade the live site here. I'm aiming to get it done tonight hopefully around 10/11pm UK time, so any little issues that may pop up can be fixed before Rotherham game as it's a major upgrade.

If I'm not quite done tonight I will upgrade tomorrow afternoon whilst you all should be working anyway.

It's finally here!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick update, pretty much done the theme now although I will be holding off until tonight around 11pm after the fans forum, totally forgot this was on and if we have any issues they can be fixed in the night rather than peak time. I will now use this thread to highlight some of the new features which are included in this update. 

Copy and Paste

You now will have a choice to remove the formatting when copy and pasting into the forum, before I forced all formatting to be removed as it created messy pages when pasting from other sites.

Just click remove formatting and all formatting is removed.

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 12.51.35.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 12.52.42.png

Activity Streams

New with the update is activity streams, you will see a activity stream drop down on the main menu where you can access several default streams. 

1.thumb.png.0b5826e610d4d8bda2d3175471be

This for example is "Content I Started"

2.thumb.png.d4dd7d5aab736c1b6d7a51bb06de

By clicking the circle with the tick next to the title you can make this your default stream so that it can be quickly accessed from under the search. By default it is set to Unread Content.

3.thumb.png.0f11a8e6df312a83e7658a0e9535

4.thumb.png.ded8cded685564d7e2fd47ecca72

You can also create your own stream from the main menu drop down seen in image 1 "Create New Stream"

5.thumb.png.e12137f3ab48ddf32ed129a4a0e6

You can set this as your default stream so you have the shortcut on the right or from the main Activity dropdown

6.thumb.png.6ee85c09541a250f79ec3bcba725

What you choose as your default stream will the shortcut that the newspaper icon (replaces the star) takes you on mobile and tablet.

IMG_5067.thumb.jpg.8fe98182d53115ef8f49a

So now you can have full control of what threads you want to see first, narrowing it down to specific members, times, whatever takes your fancy.

One more option in streams is to have full or condensed view. You can choose by using this toggle switch at the top right

a.thumb.png.51e42341950a05f6cb2d04197cf8

Full view

Screen_Shot_2015-10-28_at_13.13.29.thumb

Condensed view

Screen_Shot_2015-10-28_at_13.13.45.thumb

Resize Images

You will see a tooltip appear now on images asking to double click to edit image

Screen_Shot_2015-10-28_at_13.18.15.thumb

Double clicking brings up a image size and alignment box, so if your image is huge and you want to lower it or even align to the left or right you can do easily. For example I will reduce my picture from 150px x 150px to 50px x 50px

Screen_Shot_2015-10-28_at_13.20.11.thumb

Screen_Shot_2015-10-28_at_13.20.22.thumb

*You can not make the image bigger than what it is, only smaller

The editor is fixed on Apple devices, I can't tell you for sure on other inferior devices but it should be fine.

Can I just carry on as before please? :)

Most of the forum is exactly the same, just the odd new thing thrown in, I've tried to match the style as best I can to minimise any "I don't like change"

All I'm interested in is the editor and that it's totally focused on Apple hardware not the riff raff.

The test site worked, so me and iRam will be like 2 canines with multiple appendages.

Hope they don't forget android users because we're not all sparkies who can rip off old ladies so we can afford overpriced tech toys!

Hope they don't forget android users because we're not all sparkies who can rip off old ladies so we can afford overpriced tech toys!

I'm sorry, yes all we need to think of the needy at what's nearly Xmas time.

I'll send out some humbugs. ?

looking forward to it me.

I'm no expert, but I think that's a fault in the directory labelled "shitephone>arggghhhhh"

could be wrong though 

Tricky one though. I suppose I could have the latest iPhone, and fund it by giving up the season tickets. But then..... 

1. I'd no longer have a season ticket. 

2. I'd look even more of a tw@t than I already do. 

Archived