Forum Update - Including Editor Fixes

Day

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/10/2015, 14:42:32, ketteringram said:

I wasn't aware that there was even an issue with the editor for Android. Maybe I've just never edited anything! 

Maybe it's just me. I found it slow and hit and miss but I'm finding it pretty good now I've cleared cash and biscuits. Couldn't post nothing until I did that.

Mind you, it was unpredictable whether it'd be good or bad. Never got a post or a quote to automatically capitalise the first word though and it did just now.

So. Pretty impressed. Preferred the old unread content layout to this one - looks a lot like tapatalk but with more functionality - but it's growing on me. 

19 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Maybe it's just me. I found it slow and hit and miss but I'm finding it pretty good now I've cleared cash and biscuits. Couldn't post nothing until I did that.

Mind you, it was unpredictable whether it'd be good or bad. Never got a post or a quote to automatically capitalise the first word though and it did just now.

So. Pretty impressed. Preferred the old unread content layout to this one - looks a lot like tapatalk but with more functionality - but it's growing on me. 

Can't say I like the Unread Content either, saying that I never use it. They've received a lot of bad feedback over on the support forum, I expect they will be making further changes in the near future.

Find it much quicker just to go in each board in order of preference, Rams Talk, The Pub then Football Talk

3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

first bug for me. Went to edit the player contract dates thread to add two players. It let me put the cursor where it needed to be but when I pressed return or typed it jumped to the end of the thread. Just going to check on my android phone.

just an update - went back on Windows phone. The text appeared where the cursor was when I type but pressin return put the new line but the cursor jumped to the end of the thread and I had to go back and put the cursor back in the correct place.

7 minutes ago, davenportram said:

just an update - went back on Windows phone. The text appeared where the cursor was when I type but pressin return put the new line but the cursor jumped to the end of the thread and I had to go back and put the cursor back in the correct place.

Just a one off or every time?

had a couple of little buggy snag type things, nothing serious, just minor annoyances. Happened on work laptop and home laptop.

When I've clicked the + earlier, and then gone to quote, it just locked up the text editor area, leaving what appeared to be the drag/drop images bit open, when I refreshed, quote was gone.

Similar, later on, when trying to Quote you @Daveo, via the 'Quote' button, it did the same, but when refreshed, it worked and held your quote.

3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

every time. Just tried on your last post. Put the cursor at the start of your post and pressed return. It moved the post down 1 line but the cursor jumped to end of the post.

I don't really understand what you're trying to do, why are you putting the cursor at the start of my post? In the quote? Pressing enter would move that down

Just now, Daveo said:

I don't really understand what you're trying to do, why are you putting the cursor at the start of my post? In the quote? Pressing enter would move that down

I wanted to insert text half way in a post for the new players. I was just checking what would happen in another post. I'll do some screen shots of what happens when I edit.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

had a couple of little buggy snag type things, nothing serious, just minor annoyances. Happened on work laptop and home laptop.

When I've clicked the + earlier, and then gone to quote, it just locked up the text editor area, leaving what appeared to be the drag/drop images bit open, when I refreshed, quote was gone.

Similar, later on, when trying to Quote you @Daveo, via the 'Quote' button, it did the same, but when refreshed, it worked and held your quote.

Internet Explorer?

i couldn't post with my usual access to site on my Windows phone , and i've no idea how to clear cache on cookies on it either , so i used the 'open in internet explorer option' 

and you will be pleased to know i can , once again , post from my dinosaur phone ..:D

12 minutes ago, mozza said:

i couldn't post with my usual access to site on my Windows phone , and i've no idea how to clear cache on cookies on it either , so i used the 'open in internet explorer option' 

and you will be pleased to know i can , once again , post from my dinosaur phone ..:D

@davenportram 

Archived