Forum Update - Including Editor Fixes

Day

Can I also say now this is a major update, they have messed with so much of the layout and after almost 12 hours I've been able to replicate the same look as close as I can although view new content has gone under major changes and not something I can get into without causing major headaches every update they release.

If there is anything out of alignment can you post screenshots and let me know what device/browser you are using and I will look in the morning.

Oh, I have also modified all topic links in forums and unread content to take you to the first unread post without having to click the small dot. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The upgrade seems to have gone through fairly successfully. Just a few things

1) If the editor doesn't open or has flags on some of the icons clear your cache as the editor seems to be heavily cached.

2) Some users avatars are broken, not sure why as it's random users that use the default. I'm looking into it now.

3) Unread content, because it's been totally rewritten you will need to mark the forum read then start a fresh, apologies for this, I wasn't aware this was going to happen.

49 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Re the unread content thingy. I've marked as all read. Is it possible to turn that off altogether, or should I just ignore it? Otherwise, looking very good! 

Just ignore it, I don't use it either tbh, never have. Always found it easier just to go in each board.

Just now, Ashz09 said:

Where's the button which shows all new posts? Forgot the name was it 'most recent' or 'new content' it's the only button I ever pressed to see posts in all the forum.

In the same place, just looks different

Just now, Ashz09 said:

Where's the button which shows all new posts? Forgot the name was it 'most recent' or 'new content' it's the only button I ever pressed to see posts in all the forum.

It's almost in the same place, under the search and called Unread Content

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

When looking at unread content and clicking onto something, how do you get it to go to the newest post, rather than the start of the topic?

I've modified it so that just by clicking the topic title now will take you to the first unread post throughout the forum.

Used to have to click the dot next to the title but can be a pain in the arse on mobile.

6 minutes ago, Daveo said:

I've modified it so that just by clicking the topic title now will take you to the first unread post throughout the forum.

Used to have to click the dot next to the title but can be a pain in the arse on mobile.

Still doing it my end, is it cookie related?

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Still doing it my end, is it cookie related?

Did you mark all forums read to start from fresh after the upgrade?

Right click the URL, copy link and put in the address bar and see if it ends with getnewcomment

As someone who does like to have a look at other footy fans forums, and I'm no techno geek, can I just say that dcfcfans is an absolute credit to you Daveo.............well done lad!  (I hear you've got some free t-shirts to give away)

I've just seen the staff directory............minimum wage, zero hour contracts?

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Had to turn on and off again, but it seems to be working now.

I had to clear cache in all my devices as well, some of the editor files were cached for long periods for faster loading, end up using a mix of files

Archived