January Transfer Suggestion Thread

needles

3 hours ago, SouthernRam said:

Dominic Solanke of Chelsea has refused multiple contract offers, and his contract expires this summer. He'll be a fantastic signing on the cheap for any club - and I think he typifies what we should be looking for - a young, talented striker! Sign him up Mel.

Think he's eyeing a big pay day move !

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Rampage said:

Probably on loads of money at Chelsea.

I'd rather have him in, and then cut down on the wage budget by chopping some of the light weights. (i.e Blackman, Shotton, Albentosa, Bent etc. - maybe even Johnson) Whichever league we're in - there are still a few adjustments to make.

If we go up, I think centre-back, midfielder, winger and striker have to be the priority. Some potential targets:
CB - Bruno Manga/Lewis Dunk/Shane Duffy have all proved themselves in the Championship this year. In fact, the division is packed with good centre-halves.
MF: Moussa Sissoko if Newcastle go down? Potentially a bit ambitious. Oliver Norwood would be a good buy.
W: Judge, Ibe, Forestieri
CF: McCormack? Luuk De Jong has been lighting it up in the Eredivisie after a bad spell with Newcastle, seems like a fit for how we play, could we tempt him back?

Ultimately we've seen that "average" players can do well in the PL if they fit the right system so that has to be the priority. No more BJ/Blackman/Weimanns, good players (the first two anyway) who simply don't fit into the way we want to play.

On 4/25/2016 at 22:54, RiddingsRam said:

Chelsea quoted £50,000 a week to keep Dominic Solanke http://dailym.ai/1qLOlpQ via http://dailym.ai/android 

As I thought , another greedy young player thinking he's made before he's not even close !

He has never played for the first team!! £2.5 million a year!!!! Wowsers.

Makes Mel's investment in the Academy look like Genius. COYR

On 4/25/2016 at 23:09, Posh Ram said:

Ultimately we've seen that "average" players can do well in the PL if they fit the right system so that has to be the priority.

This does appear to be true. Stick with the same style and tactics and only replace players who are very similar but better.

20 hours ago, McLovin said:

If we do get promoted then Quincy promes is a player that I'd like us to target at the very least. Top player, so skillful and scores a lot. Would solve our right wing problem. This is me over ambitious though

nice thinking @McLovin

i was thinking down the same lines, but will mel really fork out the £9million evalution on him??

But alas, one can dream.. Also since we are dreaming... Christian tello maybe? nippy little winger ex barca now at fiorentina?

On 4/29/2016 at 18:16, McLovin said:

If we do get promoted then Quincy promes is a player that I'd like us to target at the very least. Top player, so skillful and scores a lot. Would solve our right wing problem. This is me over ambitious though

Nice thinking. I'd prefer Giovinco, he could be like Payet for us. I do believe that wing is one of the positions we need to be really ambitious at, it'll be a need even if we stay down...

13 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

Nice thinking. I'd prefer Giovinco, he could be like Payet for us. I do believe that wing is one of the positions we need to be really ambitious at, it'll be a need even if we stay down...

@Posh Ram are you by chance talking about giovinco in the MLS? because HE IS AMAZING. and i would litterally walk on broken glass to watch him sign for us

51 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

@Posh Ram are you by chance talking about giovinco in the MLS? because HE IS AMAZING. and i would litterally walk on broken glass to watch him sign for us

Yes. Ridiculously ambitious of course. The only thing that might give us a shot is that Mel will be happy to spend a lot and he may well want to move to a better league than the MLS.

Archived