I have to confess on reflection I'm happy with our recent signings.

Curtains

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thorne drives this little ship. When he doesn't play we often just float about. 

Would most people agree the Hendrick isn't the best player during the early build up stages? At MK Dons I think what Hendrick did was come on and be George Thorne. But that's not typical Jeff. You see the worst of him and he's miles and miles better when he's, like Bryson, allowed to go up

And if Thorne gets injured I can still see the ball getting stuck in safe possession quite often. 

£20m possibly should have helped us with that? 

That's my only little whinge. Just from the games without Thorne that the football is a bit negative and then gets a bit hoofy because we struggle to get forward playing on the deck. 

When you've spent nigh on £20m on a championship side you would expect to improve their squad.

I think the signings have been a mixed bag and I'm not sure how anyone could say otherwise. In order of success (on our season so far and including value for money) I would rank them Carson, Shackell, Johnson, Ince, Butterfield, Baird, Bent, Pearce and Weimann. 

I agree Sage, except that I would put Johnson in front of Shackell. Shackell is playing well but is being eclipsed by Keogh. Ince is also now finding his form.

I agree Sage, except that I would put Johnson in front of Shackell. Shackell is playing well but is being eclipsed by Keogh. Ince is also now finding his form.

Hmm I can why you would say that. I am taking into account two things.

Shackell is carrying a knock and he has improved Keogh's game.  

Hmm I can why you would say that. I am taking into account two things.

Shackell is carrying a knock and he has improved Keogh's game.  

Point taken. I see Johnson as the emerging 'Dave Mackay' at Derby County .Keogh is taking on legendary status at this time. He is a perfect example of how to deal with disappointment and criticism and to then become an extremely well respected player and character.

Point taken. I see Johnson as the emerging 'Dave Mackay' at Derby County .Keogh is taking on legendary status at this time. He is a perfect example of how to deal with disappointment and criticism and to then become an extremely well respected player and character.

I love Keogh .

PS Where's Jake Buxton 

Butterfield is nervous. We've criticised Hughes at times in his development for being reluctant to play that killer pass and in what I've seen of Butterfield so far, he's a similar kind of player who's playing it very safe.

His passing percentages for us so far have been almost too good. Not enough risk.

Norwich fans said Bradley Johnson isn't a great passer but I don't agree with that based on what I've seen so far. He might not be as accurate as Thorne or Butterfield, but he's willing to take a risk with a pass. A bit like how he found Ince in the build up to the first goal - he turned and sort of prodded it in Ince's direction. It looked weird. But it worked a treat. No dilly-dallying on the ball looking for an easier pass, if Johnson sees it, he'll give it a go.

Butters will come good when he settles, and it's a bit unfortunate that he came in on the same day as Johnson and plays in a similar position, because comparisons will be drawn. Johnson's hit the ground running, which is great, but that doesn't mean Butterfield won't have a part to play this season. I rate him. He just needs to take a few more risks when he gets his chance.

Butterfield is nervous. We've criticised Hughes at times in his development for being reluctant to play that killer pass and in what I've seen of Butterfield so far, he's a similar kind of player who's playing it very safe.

His passing percentages for us so far have been almost too good. Not enough risk.

Norwich fans said Bradley Johnson isn't a great passer but I don't agree with that based on what I've seen so far. He might not be as accurate as Thorne or Butterfield, but he's willing to take a risk with a pass. A bit like how he found Ince in the build up to the first goal - he turned and sort of prodded it in Ince's direction. It looked weird. But it worked a treat.

Butters will come good when he settles, and it's a bit unfortunate that he came in on the same day as Johnson and plays in a similar position, because comparisons will be drawn. Johnson's hit the ground running, which is great, but that doesn't mean Butterfield won't have a part to play this season. I rate him. He just needs to take a few more risks when he gets his chance.

Good post. 

Archived