FIFA 16

Thierry Ennui

My thoughts are that FIFA should go online only now rather than later, it will happen eventually and for a lot of people the game has gone stale. 

Focus on what you do best, which also happens to be where the money is. Online. 

Some wont agree, will never get 100% support no matter what game developers do.

In a nutshell that's it.  

it can't be that stale, still entered at no 1 in the charts although sales were 7% down on last year.

Im not saying your wrong, but as someone who never plays online, your idea would be a PR disaster, taking away a mode that enables people to take their favourite team to emulate something only the big teams do, is a big sales spinner to a lot of people.  I would pretty much put my mortgage on it, that only having an on line mode would only decrease sales not increase it.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it can't be that stale, still entered at no 1 in the charts although sales were 7% down on last year.

Im not saying your wrong, but as someone who never plays online, your idea would be a PR disaster, taking away a mode that enables people to take their favourite team to emulate something only the big teams do, is a big sales spinner to a lot of people.  I would pretty much put my mortgage on it, that only having an on line mode would only decrease sales not increase it.

Sales are up each year but looking across social media, forums, reviews more people seem to be moaning. Pretty sure game modes, better game modes could be developed to keep career mode but online.

Sales are up each year but looking across social media, forums, reviews more people seem to be moaning. Pretty sure game modes, better game modes could be developed to keep career mode but online.

Possibly, but as I said it would be a brave man to focus soley on the online mode, and I honestly believe would result in a downturn in sales.

As a matter of interest, what are they moaning about ? I've not bought it this year, mainly because I haven't had time to play PES yet and have had that a week.  I enjoy FIFA, and will still play that more over 6 months than PES, simply because it has more longetivty with the licences they have. Arguably the game playplay may not be as good in FIFA, but imo It suffers from the success it has had over the past few years, whereas PES is getting plaudits for good gameplay and its faults in licences, players at wrong clubs and infant game modes being ignored, when scores are being handed out.

Possibly, but as I said it would be a brave man to focus soley on the online mode, and I honestly believe would result in a downturn in sales.

As a matter of interest, what are they moaning about ? I've not bought it this year, mainly because I haven't had time to play PES yet and have had that a week.  I enjoy FIFA, and will still play that more over 6 months than PES, simply because it has more longetivty with the licences they have. Arguably the game playplay may not be as good in FIFA, but imo It suffers from the success it has had over the past few years, whereas PES is getting plaudits for good gameplay and its faults in licences, players at wrong clubs and infant game modes being ignored, when scores are being handed out.

Reskinned copy of FIFA 15 mainly with the usual server issues, which leads me to believe that online is so popular compared to offline. Not played either (full release) myself. Recently got rid of the PS3 and not seeing anything to may me want to pick up a new console yet. Had a quick go on the FIFA demo at the mates, did feel slightly different but not enough to make me want to go out and buy a PS4. 

Feel a bit disappointed in gaming in general at the moment, GTA was the last game I put time into before getting rid and tbh I didn't rate that much either, feels like a game living off the hype of it's name. Maybe that's just me. 

Wanted to see more from the next gen games, can't put my finger on what exactly but it feels like most games could still be ran on the PS3 or 360 and we're not really seeing any advances in gaming. Maybe it will come in time.

My thoughts are that FIFA should go online only now rather than later, it will happen eventually and for a lot of people the game has gone stale. 

Focus on what you do best, which also happens to be where the money is. Online. 

Some wont agree, will never get 100% support no matter what game developers do.

In a nutshell that's it.  

You keep saying this. 10 years ago everything was going to go mobile only. People make outlanding overreaching predictions about the game market all the time, but it generally tends back towards the moderate stand, as with all technology, the generations that grow up with it don't abandon the medium as they get older. 

That seems to be more the rise of social media than anything else. Looking on social media for the majority opinion though is like going to a party rally expecting to get a unbiased view of political affairs. It's heavily skewed to the younger generations who are more likely to use it, and more importantly, being utter gits on it (i.e. the hate messages that developers get whether they've done anything wrong or not).

Reskinned copy of FIFA 15 mainly with the usual server issues, which leads me to believe that online is so popular compared to offline. Not played either (full release) myself. Recently got rid of the PS3 and not seeing anything to may me want to pick up a new console yet. Had a quick go on the FIFA demo at the mates, did feel slightly different but not enough to make me want to go out and buy a PS4. 

Feel a bit disappointed in gaming in general at the moment, GTA was the last game I put time into before getting rid and tbh I didn't rate that much either, feels like a game living off the hype of it's name. Maybe that's just me. 

Wanted to see more from the next gen games, can't put my finger on what exactly but it feels like most games could still be ran on the PS3 or 360 and we're not really seeing any advances in gaming. Maybe it will come in time.

The issue in modern gaming is that massive increases in power are barely noticeable in terms of graphics. It is getting more subtle each generation and will likely continue to do so. Look at FIFA on the PS3 against PS4 side by side though, and the different is pretty stark. 

There's plenty of good games out there these days, the key is that they aren't generally the ones that get hyped beyond words. Really depends on what you enjoy though. It's a golden era for Indie games at the moment, and Nintendo are quite honestly putting out some of the best games they've produced in many years. The new PES is probably the best football game I've ever played, and Big Ant in Australia are breathing life into damn near dead Cricket and Rugby League games market. That's all without mentioning Paradox's Grand Strategy games (as well as Paradox published games like Cities Skylines), which are quite frankly some of the best grand strategy games ever produced. 

To be honest, it is somewhat a golden era for gaming, the thing is that best stuff, as is inevitable, are more niche works. Things which are the "most popular" have to appeal to the widest audience and be marketable to the largest set of people at once, this ultimately leads them to be a bit washed out, and for annualised releases, all a bit threadbare. The best of anything is going to be something that doesn't appeal to absolutely everyone, because people appreciate different things. 

• 2 months later...

I'm on the land of FIFA 16 now on the PS4 if anyone wants to smash me, not played much yet just that opening Real v Barca and Ultimate team game. Either PM, quote or mention me so you get my attention with your id's and I'll add you

1 minute ago, RicME85 said:

I havent. There has however been a number of patches that have supposedly fixed the awful passing and reffing around the box so willing to give it another go

don't think that will fix the scripting, the graphics and the defending mechanics.

defending is fine. graphics are fine. scripting...yeah thats awful but you get used to it and know when to expect it (not that you should). prefer it to PES though, had it out on loan from boomerang and didnt like it. have since downloaded myclub for free and its better than it was pre patches but still not as good as it could be as keepers let in 9 out of 10 shots.

Don't think it's that bad at all this year, maybe having a break from it I'm not tired of the usual bs. Not really ventured online much yet, only playing ricme85. Been playing the single player UT building up coins. 

Graphics haven't really changed from when I last played but it really doesn't bother me that all the players are the same build or the faces are generic. Only interested in the gameplay and so far I'm not bored or had any raging moments yet 

Archived