National Trust

Ovis aries

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny you say that, the National Trust were in at one of the sites I occasionally work at last week, offering discounted membership. 

Something that interested me, but my only mate who enjoys a bit of fresh air and scenery @TroyDyer is now a very very busy man juggling about 7 careers at the same time, so I gave it a miss. 

But yeah, I'd personally love to see more of what this little island has to show.

We've been members for quite a few years. We like Castles and what-have-you, so we tend to use the membership a lot. Places regularly have activities for kids, as well as walks in the grounds etc.

We are also quite near Formby beach and woods (with its red squirrels) so we use our membership there quite a bit.

Well worth it for us.

funny you say that, the National Trust were in at one of the sites I occasionally work at last week, offering discounted membership. 

Something that interested me, but my only mate who enjoys a bit of fresh air and scenery @TroyDyer is now a very very busy man juggling about 7 careers at the same time, so I gave it a miss. 

But yeah, I'd personally love to see more of what this little island has to show.

and a **** leg. 

Have you checked out English Heritage in comparison?

Both are a similar annual cost and both have a similar number of properties

Definitely worth checking the list and deciding which properties you are most likely to want to see

Personally I think English Heritage has the more interesting sites, but that's just my preference

Have you checked out English Heritage in comparison?

Both are a similar annual cost and both have a similar number of properties

Definitely worth checking the list and deciding which properties you are most likely to want to see

Personally I think English Heritage has the more interesting sites, but that's just my preference

So do people will properties and estates to English Heritage the same as they do with the National Trust ?

National Trust is an independent charity and an enormous landowner. English Heritage is actually an arm of the government. As well as running historic properties which are owned by the nation, they also regulate the preservation of all significant historic properties and built environments - e.g. listed buildings, conservation areas and planning consent.

Archived