our best 11

RiddingsRam

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think with the players pc has bought,  he has the diamond formation at the forefront of his plans ! A lot of cm players at the club ! No many wide players ! My strongest 11 would be 

Carson 

Christie       keogh       shackell       Forsyth 

Thorne 

Johnson            Butterfield 

Ince 

Martin           bent 

Bit harsh on wilI  (i think he would fit nicely into the postion at the tip of the diamond or in one of the midfield roles but on current ability not potential the above 3 would get the nod , I'd choose Christie over Baird purely for the width he offers you over Baird! 

He did a good cross in the 2013/14 season so has to play.

I agree with you.  I feel we have spent £20m and not addressed the weakest area (LB).

It's not just the amount of possession he loses,but his awareness of the opposition is almost nil.He's quite often found tucked in with the centre backs when he should be tighter on a winger.

Impossilbe and unnececssary mission to pick one IMO. As we can't know about players knocks, personal life and real training form etc. it's just too hard to say.

And nowadays you don't need only strong 11, it's called as a squad game for good reasons.

Carson

Baird Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Thorne

Bryson Johnson

Ince          Martin       Russell

Replace Bryson with Butterfield/Hendrick/Hanson, Russell with Weimann and to a lesser extent Martin with Bent and I wouldn't bat an eyelid. Pretty set on that defence though.

Carson

Christie    Keogh   Shacks   Fozzie

Thorne

Hughes          Butterfield

Ince        Martin      Johnson

Archived