Birmingham City v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what league you ref in mate.... Thought referee was very good... 

Im a level 5 referee for the Westmorland first division in cumbria and part of the FA's Referee Academy. First half I thought he was great some great spots for corners etc but that changed in the second half. Also, he was indecisive in that he went to blow for a free kick and immediately took the whistle away from his mouth and also mis signalled often for free kicks and throw ins. Towards the end of the match the referee really frustrated me though, soft free kicks that stifled the game and allowed it to severely slow down which played right into Birmingham's hands. Obviously other people thought differently about his performance. And thats alright its an opinion.

Excellent second half performance. We've had three games in less than a week, are missing FOUR midfielders and were playing a team expected to be top half this season. Given all that, to almost completely dominate the second half is very positive indeed. If we had Hughes or a similar type player we'd be getting the wins. We've been very unlucky so far, and are still unbeaten in the league. 

I'm optimistic.

I know many people are frustrated with the start to the season, but I think that game showed more promise than any other. Tactically, whether it was through instruction or the players fault, we were not quite right in the first half. Highlighted by Ince, Clement and the analysts post game but it was obvious it was changed at half time.

The second half we saw some signs that we're almost there. Link up play (particularly Ince-Martin and Ince-Russell) was fantastic, Weimann was actually awake and almost scored through great individual play (and a great pass from Ince). Forsyth had a great game, Christie had a good game. Thorne was a bit sloppy but the tackle that started the move for the goal was staggering. Shackell and Keogh both had good games. Carson was solid other than dropping the ball he was going to roll out early on.

Bent should have scored, and I won't accept him hitting the bar with one of his more difficult chances as an excuse. Martin was fouled, although the weird way he went down said otherwise. I was certain it was a dive until I saw the replays, other than that he had a good game.

I agree with many others, I think we're showing signs that we could start really hammering on.

Let's not forget, we weren't on it at all against the favourites for promotion and probably deserved to win.

Finally, that was a fantastic game to watch and I think Brum might sneak into play-off contenders if they can avoid injury.

nope.... Watching from behind the goal Martin chucked himself

Watch the replays, on TV looked like a dive but he clearly gets stamped on.

Im a level 5 referee for the Westmorland first division in cumbria and part of the FA's Referee Academy. First half I thought he was great some great spots for corners etc but that changed in the second half. Also, he was indecisive in that he went to blow for a free kick and immediately took the whistle away from his mouth and also mis signalled often for free kicks and throw ins. Towards the end of the match the referee really frustrated me though, soft free kicks that stifled the game and allowed it to severely slow down which played right into Birmingham's hands. Obviously other people thought differently about his performance. And thats alright its an opinion.

Thought he let a lot go and was absolutely correct for cautioning Martin... Also soft free kicks? Just think it was just tired niggly fouls at the end that happen in most cases

Hit the woodwork three times.

Should have had a clear pen.

Despite them having the week off and us playing on Tuesday, we dominated possession yet again, kept pressing, came from behind and looked the most likely winner.

Conceded to another crazy deflection.

Showed that Martin and Bent can play together.

Ince starting to find his form. Thorne played yet another 90 (no wonder he looked leggy at times).

I would say there are a huge number of positives. Of course it's really disappointing not to have got the first win, but this bunch of players shows amazing character and determination, and a lot of skill. I'm becoming increasingly confident for the season. Someone is going to get pummelled very soon. It would be sweet if it's in the next match.

Are people rating Russell for his goal alone? His end product was dreadful and he lost the ball on a number of occasions. 

sloppy start but his directness and running gives us a dimension which no one else provides.

....and he scores.

I know many people are frustrated with the start to the season, but I think that game showed more promise than any other. Tactically, whether it was through instruction or the players fault, we were not quite right in the first half. Highlighted by Ince, Clement and the analysts post game but it was obvious it was changed at half time.

The second half we saw some signs that we're almost there. Link up play (particularly Ince-Martin and Ince-Russell) was fantastic, Weimann was actually awake and almost scored through great individual play (and a great pass from Ince). Forsyth had a great game, Christie had a good game. Thorne was a bit sloppy but the tackle that started the move for the goal was staggering. Shackell and Keogh both had good games. Carson was solid other than dropping the ball he was going to roll out early on.

Bent should have scored, and I won't accept him hitting the bar with one of his more difficult chances as an excuse. Martin was fouled, although the weird way he went down said otherwise. I was certain it was a dive until I saw the replays, other than that he had a good game.

I agree with many others, I think we're showing signs that we could start really hammering on.

Let's not forget, we weren't on it at all against the favourites for promotion and probably deserved to win.

Finally, that was a fantastic game to watch and I think Brum might sneak into play-off contenders if they can avoid injury.

Watch the replays, on TV looked like a dive but he clearly gets stamped on.

Martin was going down well before he was touched.... Bought it on myself I thought

Archived