Derby County v Middlesbrough

Mafiabob

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possession is so misleading. We had so much possession because Boro allowed us to have it. In fact most of the possession was with our back 4.

Yes, you are right we were very poor...so poor we managed to have more shots on target because Brough , (god knows why they call themselves boro), let us...

Still think it was a reckless gamble appointing Clement. No managerial experience, no Championship experience, no Derby experience. Realistically it's gonna take him a season to know what's going on. He won't get that long.

let's give the guy a chance very early days , have. My doubts about some team selections and what strategy he is telling the players,however I think the next 3 games irrespective of results will show us where is going with the team.

The result yes, but nothing was positive about the peformance

in your opinion.

if the result was positive then there must have been something within the performance that led to the positive outcome..

let's try this: we scored a goal.

Yes, you are right we were very poor...so poor we managed to have more shots on target because Brough , (god knows why they call themselves boro), let us...

You're not getting it are you. Boro wanted a point and they got the point. Boro always looked in control and looked like they could go up a few gears if they needed to.

This Boro love in is hilarious. Their only major chance was the goal, which was well finished, but the deflected pass was a total fluke. 

I watched them against Preston and they were nothing special

Did Downing touch the ball?

They'll be up there I agree but don't give them the trophy just yet!...

We played 15 mins of good football at the start. Then regardless of the injuries our tempo dropped right off.

players are standing still and waiting for the ball to come. We stopped pressing them and looked slow 

no one did anything stupid, they played football but we just looked off the pace far too often. Yeah there was some rushing about putting fires output and credit to the lads for sticking at it but ..

only exception was George who ran miles and miles sweeping things up .. No wonder he played a couple of stray passes at the end .. He was cream crackered. I'd love to see his stats on distance run. 

Observations : Bent gave us some much needed Muscle. keogh and Shacks look more solid as the days go by. Ince seems to have lost some of his touch. Weiman ..nothing came off for him - needs to improve. 

You're not getting it are you. Boro wanted a point and they got the point. Boro always looked in control and looked like they could go up a few gears if they needed to.

Yes, I get it, we were rubbish and "boro" in total control, so much so they decided not to win the game but just draw :-)

Yes, the 68% possession is misleading but we had 4 shots on target (and 2 off), while I know 6 doesn't seem much but Boro are far and away the best team in the league defensively. 

AGAIN, the goal was kind of lucky but they probably deserved it anyway. 

I'm delighted with a 1-1 draw to be honest, I'd have been more delighted with a win but anyone who expects a win against Boro (even when the team is fully fit, and gelled and without injuries) is delusional.

On paper they're better than us generally, not just defensively. 

The positive crew will soon hunt you down. Like srg said notice how the positive ones are the ones who didn't go to the game

Come on mate, sound like a broken record. 

I went. I'm positive. I thought Keogh was decent too. Believe that. 

I was at the game and our performance was awful, and I mean awful. Our passing was too slow and Boro let our defenders have the ball. Thorne was poor because Leadbitter and the other midfielders were on him like a rash when he got the ball. We really need an attacking midfielder especially because of all of our injuries. Their goalkeeper played very well. Keogh was the only one who covered himself in glory today imo. Good point against a top,well organised side

Their keeper played well?

im confused, we were awful you said, yet you single out the keeper for praise ??

Did Carson play well in your opinion ?

Every team who comes here will come to get a pointpoint, it down to us to break them down by attacking, I've seen far to much tippy tappy football here with no purpose.

With the strike force we have we should be scoring goals for fun. 

Lets hope we came away with our first win at brum on friday

Yes, the 68% possession is misleading but we had 4 shots on target (and 2 off), while I know 6 doesn't seem much but Boro are far and away the best team in the league defensively. 

AGAIN, the goal was kind of lucky but they probably deserved it anyway. 

I'm delighted with a 1-1 draw to be honest, I'd have been more delighted with a win but anyone who expects a win against Boro (even when the team is fully fit, and gelled and without injuries) is delusional.

On paper they're better than us generally, not just defensively. 

So they won't lose a game this season then?

Archived