Pre Match Warm Up

RicME85

Don't know if any of you guys who attended the game noticed, but Mitchell was taking part in Zuberbühler's session with Carson and Grant.

What do you make of that? Surely its better to give your starter and bench warmer time warming up in the practice goal rather than limiting their time with someone not in the matchday squad?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why the goalkeepers come out to warm-up a good 15-20 minutes before the rest of the match day squad.

Mitchell goes first, then the starter, then the substitute. Mitchell is actually involved in the drills warming up Carson and Grant. Main thing I think is so he's involved with the first team keepers and gains experience.

Also interesting that the starting 11 warm up separately to the subs and then split into defensive players and attacking players to finish the drills.

What I have noticed is the abandonment of the pre-second-half warm-up ritual. You know, when the players would come out 5 minutes before the opposition, run up and down for a couple of minutes then immediately concede a goal within minutes of the kick-off.

What I have noticed is the abandonment of the pre-second-half warm-up ritual. You know, when the players would come out 5 minutes before the opposition, run up and down for a couple of minutes then immediately concede a goal within minutes of the kick-off.

lol.......except that we did concede within minutes of the second half kick off.

lol.......except that we did concede within minutes of the second half kick off.

Yes, I realised that within 10 seconds of posting.

Life's a bitch, isn't it?

I arrived a few minutes late to the game so missed all the pre match preparations etc but what was the reason we kicked towards the south stand second half? Is that now a regular occurrence or did we just lose the coin toss? 

If it's regular, it will be because Paul Clement decided that was his preference. Totally up to him.

We used to attack towards North for the second half because South was all away fans. It makes sense to switch now South is our noisy end instead.

We used to attack towards North for the second half because South was all away fans. It makes sense to switch now South is our noisy end instead.

I would rather kick away from the moaning and groaning though...

:ph34r:

I would rather kick away from the moaning and groaning though...

:ph34r:

I wouldn't know, I've never played in front of a huge crowd. 

Archived