Frédéric Gounongbe

ripleyram88

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More detailed information on the "African Top Sports" site - Says Gounongbe is in his last year of his contract, also that Derby are expected to "submit a tender" (a little lost in translation but I'd expect that to be a formal inquiry), after Westerlo's game against Genk (tomorrow). 

Obviously, none of this has, as of yet, come from a source that any of us recognise as trustworthy, so take it with a pinch of salt. But he's not going to be expensive so I doubt many would complain much about taking a punt.

More detailed information on the "African Top Sports" site - Says Gounongbe is in his last year of his contract, also that Derby are expected to "submit a tender" (a little lost in translation but I'd expect that to be a formal inquiry), after Westerlo's game against Genk (tomorrow). 

Obviously, none of this has yet come from a source that any of us recognise as trustworthy, so take it with a pinch of salt. But he's not going to be expensive so I doubt many would complain much about taking a punt.

Tender, taken in the American sports sense as I'm sure you know, is like a contract offer... but presumably they are meaning a bid in this case? Although we could sign a pre-contract from Jan.

Tender, taken in the American sports sense as I'm sure you know, is like a contract offer... but presumably they are meaning a bid in this case? Although we could sign a pre-contract from Jan.

Yes, it's just when stuff like this is internet translated there are multiple English words to one of another language. Can't be sure that, writing in English, tender would be the word chosen. So I'm just guessing based on what I know of Derby's position. We'll see though, it's all probably nothing.

Hi guys,

I am from Croatian living in Belgium and of course great Rams fan. I must admit I've never heard of him. But it's mainly because of the fact that lot of players of African origin are passing by each year in various Belgium leagues and you can not remember all their names.

He does look good striker capable of scoring headers, after watching this YouTube video. I'd buy him and use him as the impact sub for last 15-20 minutes of the game. It could be a real unknown gem. 

Cheers

He seems to know where to put himself and what his job is !!   Upmarket Fish ??   Fits PC box  -  striker who can also play up the wing.  That's what he was looking for before plus an attacking midfielder. Will's injury made us 2 light in midfield.and means we need a quality cover for at least 6 months.  Spurs have refused to loan us Pritchard but I guess we are still negotiating an acceptable fee and percentage of his wages. There should be no problem with a promise of regular playing time !! 

He seems to know where to put himself and what his job is !!   Upmarket Fish ??   Fits PC box  -  striker who can also play up the wing.  That's what he was looking for before plus an attacking midfielder. Will's injury made us 2 light in midfield.and means we need a quality cover for at least 6 months.  Spurs have refused to loan us Pritchard but I guess we are still negotiating an acceptable fee and percentage of his wages. There should be no problem with a promise of regular playing time !! 

A little bit off topic but Pritchard would not be a good replacement for Hughes. Pritchard is an out n out winger, not capable of filling a central midfield role in which you're expected to both attack and defend. He's even lighter weight that Hughes. He's a good player, and I'd like him as well as a Hughes replacement.

I'll keep my eyes out for more Gounongbe news.

Hi guys,

I am from Croatian living in Belgium and of course great Rams fan. I must admit I've never heard of him. But it's mainly because of the fact that lot of players of African origin are passing by each year in various Belgium leagues and you can not remember all their names.

He does look good striker capable of scoring headers, after watching this YouTube video. I'd buy him and use him as the impact sub for last 15-20 minutes of the game. It could be a real unknown gem. 

Cheers

Welcome to the forum my friend. How did you come to follow the Rams?

Hi guys,

Cheers

welcome to the forum Igor

I am following Rams from the Premier League days with Igor Stimac and Aljosa Asanovic; and later with Branko Strupar.

And ever since then, through the bad days and the good days.

Absolutely loved Aljosa Asanovic "Ace" can remember Sturidges goal against. Villa(I think) ace balanced the ball on his head and ran through the middle of 2 players then layed it of to studger. Good old days

Archived