HM Forces (current or ex) forum members

StockholmRam

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do. RLC. Class 3 Driver and a Class 2 Chef. 

Just gone past 5 years. Veteran of 1 tour. Glasgow - Commonwealth games. More of a hellhole than Afghan. 

I'm basically Rambo. 

I was RCT to start out Tedd..I believe that RLC merged now. Did my basic in Buller Barracks Aldershot back in the day. That barracks has gone now as has my 1st posting St Georges in Germany.

Yeah, Dav wants another challenge..

I tell you what, past, present and future servicemen and women have my utmost respect. I think you're all awesome, Thankyou xx

I was REME, craftsman. Just realised Im not sure what my service number was. Feel ashamed but I did leave 14 years ago. Is there an age limit on joining reserves?

I think if your ex-reg then the upper limit is in the 40s. There's a reme reserves centre on the markeaton roundabout. 

I do. RLC. Class 3 Driver and a Class 2 Chef. 

Just gone past 5 years. Veteran of 1 tour. Glasgow - Commonwealth games. More of a hellhole than Afghan. 

I'm basically Rambo. 

That would make you Steven Segal. Still, he was bad ass in the olden days.

always got a lot of time for the forces, great to employ and always feel that National Service would be a good thing for the Country, nice to see so many forces rams fans, congrats all of you...

personally I had different priorities when I was fit enough for the forces, I still feel it would have made me a better person.

always got a lot of time for the forces, great to employ and always feel that National Service would be a good thing for the Country, nice to see so many forces rams fans, congrats all of you...

personally I had different priorities when I was fit enough for the forces, I still feel it would have made me a better person.

I wish I'd have discovered the reserves when I was 18/19. I probably would have been on a couple of proper tours by now (you know, something like Cyprus), and probably some high flying officer. And probably wouldn't have had to pay £6000 for my own tour of the world.

instrad I discovered them when I was 28/29. Just after the budget cuts, so literally the year before they'd gone on camp to Canada, the year before to Gibraltar. My first, second, third years? Grantham. Budgets must be picking up though, the fourth year was Folkestone, and last year was Germany (but I couldn't go).

I'd probably never go on a proper tour now, my wife wouldn't let me, and I'm not really fit enough to keep up with the young lads (or the old boys who have been in since they were young lads). But I'm happy to do what I can. I've become not a terrible chef, thanks to the army, I've also started to do a lot of training (those who can't do, teach.

Point is: every 18/19 year old should join the reserves, until such a time as they impose national service.

What was the name of the square where the old recruiting office was? The RN/Royal Marines office was there too. And a fab record shop called Selectordisc... The entry to the square was from London Rd..im guessing it was about where Marks and Spencers in ITU centre is now.

Archived