Reports on Sky Cilla Black has died

Curtains

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBC 5 Live just wheeled out a bunch of professional scousers - Gerry Marsden, Tarby and the like - to say absolutely nothing at all about her.

Yes, it's sad when someone dies but she made very average records and was responsible for an awful lot of dreck on the telly.

Not sure what the big deal is.

I am for the record semi-retarded my big bollokked friend - I might also very well be attractive to gay men, but I don't by choice surround myself with them.  Some day soon you should bring your sorry arse down to the south and I will make sure you are thoroughly entertained. Thank you for your concern.

PistoldPete2

BBC 5 Live just wheeled out a bunch of professional scousers - Gerry Marsden, Tarby and the like - to say absolutely nothing at all about her.

Yes, it's sad when someone dies but she made very average records and was responsible for an awful lot of dreck on the telly.

Not sure what the big deal is.

well Andy I know what you mean... If you were to analyse her career, a few interpretations of Bacharach songs , not as good as Dione Warwick's. Also a few McCartney songs but strangely Macca saved his best songs for some other Liverpool music act. 

And i can't say I watched many of her TV shows except the variety shows in the 60s and we didn't have much choice in those days.

so what's the big deal? 

Well for someone of my generation , her career has pretty much spanned my entire living memory ie 5o years. I think you use these things as reference points for your own life. I remember her singing a song about " gerring  a belt from your dad" ... Obviously a sign of the times, no way would that song be aired now. 

and then there's her personality. Nowadays people become famous for being famous... But I think she was a genuine tv personality in every sense.

and finally the shock ... 72 yeArs doesn't seem very old for a woman these days and it seemed quite sudden. 

dunno what they say in liverpool but I think it's a bit of a shock for most people who grew up "knowing " this  lady from the TV. 

well Andy I know what you mean... If you were to analyse her career, a few interpretations of Bacharach songs , not as good as Dione Warwick's. Also a few McCartney songs but strangely Macca saved his best songs for some other Liverpool music act. 

And i can't say I watched many of her TV shows except the variety shows in the 60s and we didn't have much choice in those days.

so what's the big deal? 

Well for someone of my generation , her career has pretty much spanned my entire living memory ie 5o years. I think you use these things as reference points for your own life. I remember her singing a song about " gerring  a belt from your dad" ... Obviously a sign of the times, no way would that song be aired now. 

and then there's her personality. Nowadays people become famous for being famous... But I think she was a genuine tv personality in every sense.

and finally the shock ... 72 yeArs doesn't seem very old for a woman these days and it seemed quite sudden. 

dunno what they say in liverpool but I think it's a bit of a shock for most people who grew up "knowing " this  lady from the TV. 

Just watched the second part having already watched part one  of a three part biopic about Cilla and I've got to say it was very good indeed.  

Really very good watch and will watch Part three soon. 

Wonderful lady our Cilla and never realized what a struggle it was for her to make it big  

Recommend people should watch this three part biopic  simply called  ------   Cilla  ----

Just watched the second part having already watched part one  of a three part biopic about Cilla and I've got to say it was very good indeed.  

Really very good watch and will watch Part three soon. 

Wonderful lady our Cilla and never realized what a struggle it was for her to make it big  

Recommend people should watch this three part biopic  simply called  ------   Cilla  ----

***** programme carried by Sheridan Smith.

Archived