Gaming

SaintRam

Just now, SaintRam said:

EA make decisions that screw us over, they make decisions to get angry about, but you can see how they got to them. Just some guys in suits who want more money immediately.

Nintendo and Konami etc. make decisions that clearly and unequivocally negatively effect their own business AS WELL as anger their fans and it's utterly bizarre. 

Yeah true, it's the micro transactions and "freemium" elements which really get me.

Square Enix has been very strange recently, which is more annoying in the fact the studios which handle their games have made some brilliant games recently - Hitman, Deus Ex etc.

Hitman was sold as episodic, so they could start selling it sooner in pieces. Not that bad on the face of it as you could buy the whole game and receive it in pieces, and it doesn't cost more either way you buy it.

But Deus Ex is the worst. I was watching Jim Sterling on this subject, and he had a source from the team which basically said they were forced to tack on microtransactions once the game had finished, which basically completely wrecked the balance of the game. In addition to this, half the team resource was put into a game mode called "Breach" which is awful, and is very much a free-style game. All this, which is on essentially a pretty good game.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Yeah true, it's the micro transactions and "freemium" elements which really get me.

Square Enix has been very strange recently, which is more annoying in the fact the studios which handle their games have made some brilliant games recently - Hitman, Deus Ex etc.

Hitman was sold as episodic, so they could start selling it sooner in pieces. Not that bad on the face of it as you could buy the whole game and receive it in pieces, and it doesn't cost more either way you buy it.

But Deus Ex is the worst. I was watching Jim Sterling on this subject, and he had a source from the team which basically said they were forced to tack on microtransactions once the game had finished, which basically completely wrecked the balance of the game. In addition to this, half the team resource was put into a game mode called "Breach" which is awful, and is very much a free-style game. All this, which is on essentially a pretty good game.

The Deus Ex one is very strange.

It's a brilliant game. I've been playing it. I'd played it for hours and didn't even know MT's were in the game, or there was a multiplayer mode. I found that out watching Jim Sterlings video haha 

I still haven't gone to the areas of the game that you find Breach/MTs (menu wise) and dont plan to. 

15 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Not sure. I have PES 2010 and it's great.

aye it was a good'un. I wish i still had FIFA 11, hate the way they changed the scouting in career mode now.

On the Wii??? ??

PES suffers for me from still hiring the same bloke that designed the menus on the snes, seems unaware that we've moved on and designing what wouldn't look out of place in Cleethorpes arcades.

Their online game modes are basically boring, FIFA have set the bar with Ultimate Team, Konami couldn't even spell bar. As a result the player base is tiny and soon drifts off towards Xmas taking longer to find games and any fun.

Finally the lack of licences, FIFA beat them to the punch and now you're left installing patches to the game that the community have to make, ain't got time for that ****.

pes started to take over at one point and then ea up their game and have ruled it ever since.

does piss me of that UT is essentially digital crack.

5 minutes ago, seths-cap said:

pes started to take over at one point and then ea up their game and have ruled it ever since.

does piss me of that UT is essentially digital crack.

See now,

I've been playing footie games since I were a lad, all started with ISS on the SNES. 

I enjoy the career mode on FIFA (bar the hideous scouting system), and I'm intrigued by this The Journey mode coming up in FIFA 17...

But for the life of me, I just don't get UT. I tried it in FIFA15 and I don't get having to go through opening all of the packs, the auction system, all the coins. What's the appeal? 

On 6 September 2016 at 13:35, David said:

Not got a Kindle, Apple haven't made one yet.

Seriously tho why hasn't Nintendo taken the plunge into iOS and Android, both could easily run Mario Kart and other classics, straight up £9.99 per game, no in app purchases they would kill it in the app stores.

Donkey Kong, Super Mario.....it's not like they have to design a whole new game either.

Madness why they are being so stubborn. 

On 6 September 2016 at 13:38, Srg said:

Any Android device can get an emulator to do it anyway quite simply, but you're right about Apple.

Not every game really suits touch screen with the controls... but games like Pokémon would absolutely kill it.

you can download Gameboy and Gameboy Colour emulators on to Apple devices, then download any games to play on them. It's all done by an online app, so not through App Store but legal and can be played offline. 

Ive been having a nostalgic few days with Pokemon Yellow!

dpad is a bit slow, but it's good fun.

Watch this video - 

1 hour ago, mrdave85 said:

See now,

I've been playing footie games since I were a lad, all started with ISS on the SNES. 

I enjoy the career mode on FIFA (bar the hideous scouting system), and I'm intrigued by this The Journey mode coming up in FIFA 17...

But for the life of me, I just don't get UT. I tried it in FIFA15 and I don't get having to go through opening all of the packs, the auction system, all the coins. What's the appeal? 

It is all about the money EA can get from people buying coins to get packs and the best players in the auctions.

2 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

See now,

Ultimate team used to be good back in the day in fifa 09 and fifa 10 when you had to pay to play it. EA used to care about improving ultimate team then too which made the game mode very enjoyable to play. Back then they didn't have the handicap or momentum implemented into the game mode which prevented the irregular game swings and the infamous 45th and 90th goals. I haven't properly played it since the community manager for FIFA ulitmate team left in 2012, he listened to the community's views, sadly EA haven't replaced him adequately since then which has led to the ultimate team gameplay declining year by year. 

6 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

See now,

That's a good thing, stay well clear. You'll sell your house and and lose the car trying to get Messi in a pack. I've been playing it four years and never had one of the so called elite. It's best described as digital crack.

I'm not bitter, honestly :angry: