Gaming

SaintRam

6 minutes ago, Daveo said:

We went on a 3v3 where it's pretty much a circle, some dick decided to help the other team, just kept smashing into us and sending the ball back to our own goal, first time I've ran into someone like that so hopefully a one off fool

I'm yet to find an actual griever on there, which is a huge surprise.

I haven't experienced Rocket Labs much, I only play it with my god-awful (at the game) friends.

I like the one with the high ceiling though, can really do some nice Aerials in there.

Yeah I was surprised it took me so long to come across one with stats being pretty much meaningless and no real ranking up system that a loss could effect. 

I kinda like Rocket League for that reason, it's more laid back than say a Call of Duty full of anger for the W/L and K/D ratio, but saying that I wish it did have something to aim for be it going through prestiges where all cars relock and the antenna items were perks and that as I sit there playing with no real end goal. I bought all the DLC just to go for all the trophies to give me that reason to play. Only need the drive 50km now and they are all complete. Didn't realise it had to be on one set of wheels tho, another 20km to go now.

4 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Yeah I was surprised it took me so long to come across one with stats being pretty much meaningless and no real ranking up system that a loss could effect. 

I kinda like Rocket League for that reason, it's more laid back than say a Call of Duty full of anger for the W/L and K/D ratio, but saying that I wish it did have something to aim for be it going through prestiges where all cars relock and the antenna items were perks and that as I sit there playing with no real end goal. I bought all the DLC just to go for all the trophies to give me that reason to play. Only need the drive 50km now and they are all complete. Didn't realise it had to be on one set of wheels tho, another 20km to go now.

I agree. I've done all the Achievments + DLC Achievements, and while I do play ranked and therefore have an actual rank to aim for it's quite stressful playing ranked all the time, so I started setting myself side challenges. 

I have 50 wins in every car, for example. 

2 minutes ago, Daveo said:

There is a ranked mode?

5 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Yeah I've played a couple of solo competitive and the standard with a mate, it's still not giving me that reason to keep coming back to play 

There was quite a big backlash that in the latest "season" they have changed the rank system where it doesn't really tell you how close to ranking up you are, which was causing the issue you're feeling to a lot of players. I get that. I do wish I knew how many wins or whatever I was off ranking up.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

There was quite a big backlash that in the latest "season" they have changed the rank system where it doesn't really tell you how close to ranking up you are, which was causing the issue you're feeling to a lot of players. I get that. I do wish I knew how many wins or whatever I was off ranking up.

The best you can do now is look at who youre playing with. If some people are of the rank below, you're close to ranking down, if some are of the rank above then you're close to ranking up. 

But yeah, they need to tell us how close we are. 

A fair amount of the discussion on this thread focuses on tripple-A games. If anyone has any comments on some of the more "indie" games listed below, I'd love to hear. Here's what I've been playing recently:

Stardew Valley (lovely and relaxing farming game, a lot like Harvest Moon but with more heart)

Her Story (brilliant FMV game in which you piece together a murder mystery. Sam Barlow's underlying mechanic is genius)

80 Days (basically a text adventure, but has a really great sense of personality)

Cibele (charts a love story through a JRPG mechanic and a desktop)

Firewatch (not a walking simulator. A really great story, including a potential love story that is morally problematic to the player)

Papers, Please (you play as the guard at a border station/passport control, and must decide who comes through and who is turned away)

Proteus (a serene and beautiful game in which you just... wander around)

Undertale (pure genius RPG)

1 hour ago, SantosHalper said:

A fair amount of the discussion on this thread focuses on tripple-A games. If anyone has any comments on some of the more "indie" games listed below, I'd love to hear. Here's what I've been playing recently:

Stardew Valley (lovely and relaxing farming game, a lot like Harvest Moon but with more heart)

Her Story (brilliant FMV game in which you piece together a murder mystery. Sam Barlow's underlying mechanic is genius)

80 Days (basically a text adventure, but has a really great sense of personality)

Firewatch (not a walking simulator. A really great story, including a potential love story that is morally problematic to the player)

Papers, Please (you play as the guard at a border station/passport control, and must decide who comes through and who is turned away)

I saw Firewatch is selling really well and it's got great reviews. I think I'll be giving it a go, looks interesting.

On 21 March 2016 at 15:32, Daveo said:

We went on a 3v3 where it's pretty much a circle, some dick decided to help the other team, just kept smashing into us and sending the ball back to our own goal, first time I've ran into someone like that so hopefully a one off fool

These are the tvv@ts who used to play hardcore CoD and fire an RPG into the ground as soon as the game started.

25 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I saw Firewatch is selling really well and it's got great reviews. I think I'll be giving it a go, looks interesting.

Yeah, you should. I think its about 15 quid on Steam. Go for it. And if you do, get back to me, I'd love to hear what you thought of it. 

3 hours ago, StringerBell said:

3 hours ago, SantosHalper said:

Yeah, you should. I think its about 15 quid on Steam. Go for it. And if you do, get back to me, I'd love to hear what you thought of it. 

It was like £8ish on G2A marketplace the other day I think. 

Always check there before getting direct from Steam. 

8 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

These are the tvv@ts who used to play hardcore CoD and fire an RPG into the ground as soon as the game started.

Started putting time into hardcore for the first time a few weeks ago, soooo frustrating, stand there shooting when some dick just runs straight in front of you and in BO3 you only need one bullet to glance your toe and you're dead. 

It also seemed kind of obvious to me not to load up with grenades or kill streaks like lightning strikes or rolling thunder but nope, others are lobbing them randomly around, clowns.

The 'running in front of you' thing is a great example of how d1ckish these folks are. 

The 'kicked' measure was put in to punish those idiots who thought it was a great idea to kill their own team mates instead of the other team. Great in theory, but then what actually happens is the d1cks just turned it straight back around by trying to get YOU kicked instead, hence the 'suicide' runs in front of you.

Not entirely sure what fun these idiots get out of it, but there you go. Idiots and multi player go hand in hand unfortunately, and of course it gets 10 times worse during the school holidays! :lol:

12 hours ago, SantosHalper said:

I play a lot of indie games, but not much of the above. Undertale I bought, but it really wasn't for me. Firewatch I've watched a few youtubers play. Papers, Please I played quite a bit of. Everything else on this list I haven't played. The problem with indie games is how many of them there are :lol:

On another note, @Srg did you see that Digital Homicide (developer) is suing Jim Sterling? Hilarious. 

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I play a lot of indie games, but not much of the above. Undertale I bought, but it really wasn't for me. Firewatch I've watched a few youtubers play. Papers, Please I played quite a bit of. Everything else on this list I haven't played. The problem with indie games is how many of them there are :lol:

On another note, @Srg did you see that Digital Homicide (developer) is suing Jim Sterling? Hilarious. 

No I haven't, but that's unsurprising really. He absolutely kills them in his videos - with good reason, in fairness.

Just now, Srg said:

No I haven't, but that's unsurprising really. He absolutely kills them in his videos - with good reason, in fairness.

Yeah, their stuff is utter *****. The only good thing to come out of Digital Homicide and this feud is the phrase "I'm Jim ******* Sterling son".