Gaming

SaintRam

17 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

This might be covered in this thread but is The Division worth playing offline only?

I think you have to have a connection (Xbox Live / PS+ for consoles - Unsure for PC)  to be able to play the game firstly.

Story mode is good enough to be completed solo. You can always match make with randoms to complete special missions (PvE) and enter the Dark Zone (4 man teams, both PvP and PvE). Though I would wait until the player reaches level 30 to be able to select the higher ranked weapons.

There is (paid) DLC coming on the 28th (Xbox and PC - 30 days later for PS4) which will add another game mode, where 4 players go into a dungeon style system and obtain loot. (PvE)

On 17 June 2016 at 20:24, Bridgford Ram said:

I'd never heard of The Witcher, having watched that video I am not sure I'd like it.  What do you reckon if I like games like Fallout 4, Uncharted, GTA...

Pretty much no one had heard of the witcher until witcher 3 came out, its an open world RPG, similar to fallout, GTA and Skyrim, although much closer to Skyrim due to the historical fantasy setting, combat style is very similar to bloodborne (although no where near as difficult) rather than the typical 'hack and slash' of most RPG games. you actually have to think about it (although not much). As far as any game I've ever played it has one of the strongest stories I've experienced, the quality of the storyline in witcher 3 blows that of most other open world RPGs like Skyrim out of the water. The game world is great, huge and interactive

i think the best way to describe the 'feel' for the witcher is if I compared it to games like Skyrim, fallout and GTA, they don't have strong storylines and focus more on the gameplay. Skyrim and GTA are great for throwing fireballs, shooting dragons, blowing up cars, diving bombing planes, beating up fat people and generally messing around whereas witcher, although is fun to play places much more emphasis on having a reason to what your doing, and enjoying the flow of action. I really cannot give enough praise to the story in witcher 3, even the side quests are rich in detail and outmatch the main quests of Skyrim, however you can't really piss around in witcher and it does take a while to get yourself familiar with the controls and layout, although highly pleasing once you do.

22 hours ago, r4derby said:

Picked up Battlefield:Hardline for £3.75 on Xbox One in Origin sale. Not expecting much, anyone got an experience of the game? 

Yes mate, own it on PC. It's worth the money you paid for, and the online mode where vehicles are capture points is great fun- leaning out the window with a grenade launcher while you mate drives you around is brilliant. Unfortunately didnt get too many hours on it because I got bored quite quickly. Battlefield 1 on the other hand looks immense. Brings back memories of Call of Duty 1/2 & 3, just with bigger maps and better gameplay (cos COD now days is too arcade-like for me imo).

Fan of the changes to Rocket League even though the skill reset has made MM a little crazy. Climbing up them ladders from the bottom!

Total War: Warhammer is pretty good, too. 

57 minutes ago, TimRam said:

PC gamers - AMD RX 480 looking a good replacement gpu if you only use single monitor
at 1080p. I would say 1070 is overkill.

As it always had been, my choice on Nvidia/AMD will be based on optimisation and what I'm looking to play. Don't need to upgrade for a fair old while though, have two 980s at the mo and no game is pushing them at all.

On 26/06/2016 at 18:33, TimRam said:

PC gamers - AMD RX 480 looking a good replacement gpu if you only use single monitor
at 1080p. I would say 1070 is overkill.

aye. Im going to build a PC in a couple of weeks, and if Nvidia dont announce a 1060 at a similiar performance/price tag (rumour is there going to push it for release this month to compete with the rx 480) ill be getting a 480

Talk is the 1060 will beat the 480 on performance but will be some way off on price. 480 looking like a great bang for buck card.

The wife bought me an XB1 the other week as an early birthday present, is there a few guys on here with FIFA who have a Pro Club? 

Been playing a load of Dying Light co-op with a mate the last week, has been a right laugh. So far only own a few games (PES 2016, Sunset Overdrive, Dying Light and Screamride plus stuff from EA Access). 

Gamertag is the same as forum username - RicME85 - also my Steam ID and PSN ID if people want to add.

2 hours ago, RicME85 said:

Talk is the 1060 will beat the 480 on performance but will be some way off on price. 480 looking like a great bang for buck card.

The wife bought me an XB1 the other week as an early birthday present, is there a few guys on here with FIFA who have a Pro Club? 

Been playing a load of Dying Light co-op with a mate the last week, has been a right laugh. So far only own a few games (PES 2016, Sunset Overdrive, Dying Light and Screamride plus stuff from EA Access). 

Gamertag is the same as forum username - RicME85 - also my Steam ID and PSN ID if people want to add.

Play a bit of FIFA but not got into pro club scene yet, mainly because I don't have any friends online.

I'll add you and If you need an extra player let me know!

On 7/4/2016 at 14:06, RicME85 said:

Might add you on Steam, you play anything good?