Clement disappointed with the attitude, running and effort

Eh?

I thought we started on the same day or a couple of days sooner than most? 

Unleas you can prove otherwise, I'm calling bullpoop! 

I can prove it but I cba to find the links. He pushed it back by 7 days. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who's also, arguably the best footballer in the world. Selfish?, you've obviously never heard about all the money he gives to charity.

Just because he struts around like he does, doesn't make him a bad person. And don't for one minute say you wouldn't be the same if you looked like him and could do what he does.

Exactly. He's earnt the right to strut around. He's also done some class stuff off the pitch with fans which a little googling will highlight. 

I think the Ronaldo comment was in relation to his application, not his personality, style of play or eccentric behaviour.

The guy is an absolute work horse, always wanting to improve himself. Maybe Clement has looked at a few of our players all too happy to stay in their comfort zone, putting in 80% in training, 70% in pre-season matches.

While Clement also has to be realistic in his approach, I think he has every right to ask his players to show a little more effort. To be the best, you have to work for it.

Anyone watching Bournemouth last season will know how the ran themselves into the ground, and always looked for more goals. Hence their 8-0, 6-0 type victories.

Half of our players are probably still in the same mindframe as under McClaren. One where at 2-0, the rest of the game is about control and not over asserting themselves. IMO, a bad attitude to have.

All of the best players in the world are arrogant and selfish, even Messi, that's what sets them apart from the rest

bobby moore?

bobby charlton?

jimmy greaves?

kevin hector?

pele?

Just look at his quotes on maradona

he knows that he's a better player. But he was also responding to all the guff that Maradonna was the greatest player ever.

he played with a smile. He respected his opponent. And he actually hero whorshipped other Brazilians who he thinks were better than him.

In reality Pele and Maradona probably aren't too far apart. The issue is clouded by a few other factors though - firstly, Pele played in great Brazilian teams, whereas Maradona largely carried Argentina. Secondly, Maradona was a cheating c**t which instantly makes you want to side with Pele in any "who was better" argument.

In essence it strikes me PC is used to a more professional serious approach. Our squad under Mac was very matey with the management team. Don't get me wrong team bonding is good/essential but as I say I think there is no doubt that PC is the boss and to a degree distant from the players.

Chris Martin on rams player talks of it being "formal" so far and how he is looking forward to a little more informal talk with the coach during the Holland/Germany tour. Leads me to think that thus far they have been following strict coaching/tactics routines but as yet they are not relaxed with it.

Make no mistake this season our players have to step up a level. That's what PC means when he says he's disappointed, they haven't yet registered what's expected. It will be a shock to some.

In essence it strikes me PC is used to a more professional serious approach. Our squad under Mac was very matey with the management team. Don't get me wrong team bonding is good/essential but as I say I think there is no doubt that PC is the boss and to a degree distant from the players.

Chris Martin on rams player talks of it being "formal" so far and how he is looking forward to a little more informal talk with the coach during the Holland/Germany tour. Leads me to think that thus far they have been following strict coaching/tactics routines but as yet they are not relaxed with it.

Make no mistake this season our players have to step up a level. That's what PC means when he says he's disappointed, they haven't yet registered what's expected. It will be a shock to some.

They have been back to training less than 3 weeks, played 2 games. I think PC as seen lots of tv footage of the team from last season and seen what they can do in training and knows they will get better. But with a 1-0 win he wanted a lot more effort, flair, skill and goals. I would imagine if we won 5-0 his comments would have been 'we could do better'

Good from PC. He's not criticized any individuals but is sending a clear message to everyone they need to up their standards. There will be huge competition for places this season as it should be and I'll be hoping to hear about a marked raise in levels as the lads embark on the Dutch leg of preseason.

The best players aren't simply the most skillful - they're also the most committed and work the hardest. That's why Real Madrid have the best record of any club side in history, including 10 European Cups. Football's littered with talented players who didn't fulfil their potential. I'm glad if an even more serious approach is being brought to Derby and those players who want to improve will buy into it.

Archived