Grimsby

Jayweb95

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on which sea mate. They're pretty naff down this way. but i've had some belters further west and in Skeggy...

I went Skeggy last half term and had some fish and chips and they were excellent, it made up for the 3 1/2 trip from Leicester :ph34r:

Several incidents over the years with Grimsby, I know there has been trouble when they have played Alfreton, they smashed Sheffield up once en route.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Grimsby-Town-appeal-fans-police-officers-injured/story-26303948-detail/story.html

I read the article mate - "smashed up" seems a bit of an exaggeration. The "gallery" only had 2 pictures, a bit of street sweeping of some broken bottles and a picture of a few tins and bottles placed on that water feature thing near the station.

Mind you - it looks as though the club didn't cover itself in glory with their advice to fans.

Having said all that - i did witness hails of bottles etc out of trains that stopped in  derby in the 80's en-route to grimsby. They seemed a miserable cantankerous bunch generally spoiling for a scrap - as so many were back then.

Yea proper scary.

I once sore a Grimsby fan nut a seagull and another put a crab pincers on his eye lids.

The chippy story is ******** though

I nearly punched a seagull on holiday last year.  Also shouted **** off at it, at the top of my voice.  Unfortunately I was in the middle of Busch Gardens in Tampa, surrounded by kids!

Grimsby have always been my second team since my gran retired to Cleethorpes when I was a nipper.

i watched them whenever I visited my nan, watched them climb the divisions when Alan Buckley (older brother of Derby's own Steve Buckley, the original 'Bucko') was the manager.

theyve always had a reputation for trouble, depending which dockers were on shore tearing it up at the time.

I took my lad there last season V. Kidderminster Harriers for a trip down memory lane, Blunden Park is very run down now, if you imagine what the BBG would be like now if we'd spent the last 20 years in the lower leagues with no money, quite sad really.

i don't think there's much chance of any trouble there now, there was only 20 or so kids in the back of their kop end, although a big game against Championship opposition might bring some out.

i watched their play off semi final last season, and it reminded me of the legendary BBG game against Fulham when all the fans were round the touch line, at one point one of the kids ran on and kicked the ball while it was still in play.

im pretty gutted I'm going to be missing it, I'd already booked a holiday before it was announced, have a great day all those who are going, and rather than take the p. out of the facilities, just remember that there but for the grace of God and Lionel Pickering, that could be us.

Archived