Eustace to Glasgow Rangers

Ovis aries

" Mark Warburton hopes to make veteran midfielder John Eustace the next captain of Rangers
The 35-year-old free agent is expected in Glasgow next week for talks with the new Ibrox boss ready to offer him the armband at Ibrox to help lure the ex-Derby star."

Absolutely perfect for him to finish his career ,

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

" Mark Warburton hopes to make veteran midfielder John Eustace the next captain of Rangers
The 35-year-old free agent is expected in Glasgow next week for talks with the new Ibrox boss ready to offer him the armband at Ibrox to help lure the ex-Derby star."

Absolutely perfect for him to finish his career ,

Wow. Thats the most leftfield move of the close season so far....

Agree with you Ovis - could still do a job up there. They  must be at similar level to Coventry?

Good luck with that if he decides to take it on. Obviously Rangers are a complete basket case of a club, but there are other problems there to be dealt with besides all the board room antics. I don't think there's much backbone in the current squad. Most of the players there either chose to play at a lower level for better pay or are washed up ex bears signed in an effort to keep the fans on side. The fans will expect to walk the league, despite all the evidence from this season suggesting that won't happen, and despite the fact that Hibs are still down there with them.

It would be a great move. Captain of Glasgow Rangers isn't a bad way to end your playing CV and he could become a hero to a lot of fans. If it doesn't work out, nothing's lost. Given his injury record with us last season, a lower-quality league would also be a good move.

If I were offered that in his position, I'd take it, presuming the money's decent. Hell, if he doesn't want it, I'd definitely take it instead!

Archived