SIGNED: Chris Baird

Thierry Ennui

Chris Baird signing prediction  

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still not convinced. He has only ever played 48 league games in 6 years which is an awful record. No denying his talent but i still think that we should sign another defensive mid

Similar things were said when we signed John Eustace. For instance...

DCFC_4_LIFE: "What a joke!! He was nicknamed John Useless for a reason! Might be getting my money back at this rate! Cant believe after 12 years might not be having a season ticket!!!"

vernak: "I'm sorry but i hope this is reporters trying to put 2 & 2 together and getting 5 cus he's not the player we need in the middle, so far other than Fielding I'm underwhelmed to say the least…"

NothernRam: "If Eustace will be a big improvement on our side we are in a real mess."

Boycie: "I don't want the fecker. Just thought I'd let you know where i'm at."

There are many more, but he did a fantastic job.

DCFC_4_LIFE: "What a joke!! He was nicknamed John Useless for a reason! Might be getting my money back at this rate! Cant believe after 12 years might not be having a season ticket!!!"

vernak: "I'm sorry but i hope this is reporters trying to put 2 & 2 together and getting 5 cus he's not the player we need in the middle, so far other than Fielding I'm underwhelmed to say the least…"

NothernRam: "If Eustace will be a big improvement on our side we are in a real mess."

To be fair I called him John Useless when he joined didn't have the best memories. Proved us all wrong I think love the bloke just getting on a bit I guess.

To be fair I called him John Useless when he joined didn't have the best memories. Proved us all wrong I think love the bloke just getting on a bit I guess.

One day, some smartarse is going to trawl through old threads for some of my comments.

Haha I think you have got the wrong end of the stick my friend. I was referring to Thorne's injury record not Baird:lol:

I was implying that we need at 3 defensive mids because Thorne has a bad injury record and if Baird gets injured then we are screwed.

No-one is complaining about the signing. He is a great player to have but there is no harm signing a younger defensive midfielder as well especially if Thorne gets injured again

There is a harm in having too big a squad though. Even football manager players get unsettled when they aren't playing.

PistoldPete2

Think we are trying to make sure we don't get stuffed by injuries like we did last year. Mind you, if we get 3 CDMs injured all at once we are always going to be stuffed. 

Archived