SIGNED: Chris Baird

Thierry Ennui

Chris Baird signing prediction  

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19 appearances though does nonetheless make him something of a successful signing for you last year. Not only did you sign up Irvine, who anyone could have told Peace was a disaster waiting to happen, you spent some pretty big money I guess on the likes Pocognoli, Ideye, Gamboa, Davidson, Samaras, Blanco and McManaman. Can't in truth remember too many memorable performances from them last year either.  Surprised you are still lurking here Butros considering that Pulis is trying to get Jon Walters signed up.  I suspect Crouch next, and perhaps someone quite good at long throws after that.

I wouldn't class someone that made 13 or so 10 minute substitute appearances a success.

Of the other players you mentioned only Ideye  & Macmanaman were "big money" signings. Ideye managed 7 goals (not too bad for first season in England) Macmanaman only joined in January & was injured most of the time so too early to judge. The other players I doubt will be at WBA next season.

Club like WBA has to take gambles on some signings so always an element of win some lose some.

As for Walters & Crouch, if you want to believe lazy journo's that's fine but I can assure you they are not under consideration. Main targets at this stage are Demba Ba and Matt Phillips 

• 3 weeks later...

Spoke to my mate last night who is a season ticket holder at the Baggies, - on Baird, quality speed etc?

Told me that he's a decent player, plays either left or right back, doesn't drop many clangers, but when you does they are always clamities!

Reckons he didn't fit into Pulis plans as he like's his defenders athletic and big, neither which Baird is....

He thought he would be a squad player for us!

Archived