Clement preferred formation

Stuniverse

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody know what formation/system Paul Clement favours?

I think while at PSG and Real Madrid they used 433.

Number 9 as the target man ie Ibrahimovic and Benzema. 

Seeing as though this is his first managerial appointment no one really knows for sure what exact formation of system he will play. His will decide during pre season, which is why I except to see loads of different systems used during pre season this year. 

Whatever he has in mind doesn't matter, we all know best :ph34r:

Having said that, with Martin and Bent (assuming Christopher will be fit for the start of the season), I think a 4-1-3-2 would be a great choice. If we only have 1 striker fit then reverting back to our old 4-3-3 or maybe a 4-2-3-1 would work.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what formation/players he chooses.

By the sounds of this, it looks like he would certainly change it up frequently depending on the type of opponent coming up: 

"Clement's footballing philosophy is based on being as competitive as possible in as many different ways as possible. The theory is that a group of players that compete to win every day on the training ground harness a winning mentality that helps them win trophies. There is no shooting or passing drill that is too small that it shouldn’t have a highly competitive element to it.

Clerment's playing style is pragmatic. At Real Madrid, it has had to be because players are imposed on Ancelotti and he has to arrange them in a system that works.

His playing style is governed by how best to break down the opposition. ‘If they sit high then you go over them, if they sit deep then you try to get round them, or if you’re good enough you go through them,’ he says. The emphasis is always on getting at the other team from the first whistle and using the most effective means possible."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3092651/Paul-Clement-Carlo-Ancelotti-s-No-2-Real-Madrid-past-two-seasons-looks-ready-step-Derby-County.html#ixzz3asYx7kC0 

How would anyone possibly know Clements preferred formation as he has never  managed unless you count the Ireland u21s and the youth teams he had and I am pretty sure none of us were at any of them games.

You would think after successfully training tactically the same system for the past five years he would look to play a 4-3-3.

However, if he is under pressure to accomodate players like Bent - surely the board's signing and not Clement's - then he could be in for a struggle.

Archived