The 1884 Group

? I'm not angry im just disappointed

?

I know. What's worse she lost it before she got home to give it the child #1. 

Don't worry mate. I told her straight that a lot of people have donated money towards making the ipro more enjoyable. She got angry, I got angry. In the end I threw my new flag down and walked out. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you didn't think I was having a go at the 1884 group, I think it's great what you've done.  Visually, it's brilliant and judging by the start of the game on Tuesday, it's encouraging people vocally.   You can't sustain that noise level all 90 minutes obviously but it just fell so flat after such a good start.  It's the age old argument isn't it - if it's not going well on the pitch, the crowd is quiet but surely, that's when we should ALL get behind them.

Keep up the good work - you are making a difference and I will keep donating when I can. 

I hope you didn't think I was having a go at the 1884 group, I think it's great what you've done.  Visually, it's brilliant and judging by the start of the game on Tuesday, it's encouraging people vocally.   You can't sustain that noise level all 90 minutes obviously but it just fell so flat after such a good start.  It's the age old argument isn't it - if it's not going well on the pitch, the crowd is quiet but surely, that's when we should ALL get behind them.

Keep up the good work - you are making a difference and I will keep donating when I can. 

Not at all, and I agree!!

Take it upon yourselves to pick up any flags you see on seats and take them to whatever safe place there is.

Which reminds me, weren't you going to have somewhere in the concourse that people could leave their flags, not just on seats? Didn't know what to do with the ones I picked up so I just left them with a steward.

Take it upon yourselves to pick up any flags you see on seats and take them to whatever safe place there is.

Which reminds me, weren't you going to have somewhere in the concourse that people could leave their flags, not just on seats? Didn't know what to do with the ones I picked up so I just left them with a steward.

We were going to have bins for the flags in the concourse, but unfortunately there wasn't anywhere which satisfied the club they wouldn't block access out of the stadium. As a result we've not been able to put anything down there.

If people can collect them if they see then and hand them to a steward, or anyone collecting them up, that would be great. If you're in Block G, or exiting via Stairway 60, I'm on Row K so you can find me there if not, I usually wait until people have left then start collecting!

We were going to have bins for the flags in the concourse, but unfortunately there wasn't anywhere which satisfied the club they wouldn't block access out of the stadium. As a result we've not been able to put anything down there.

If people can collect them if they see then and hand them to a steward, or anyone collecting them up, that would be great. If you're in Block G, or exiting via Stairway 60, I'm on Row K so you can find me there if not, I usually wait until people have left then start collecting!

Stewards seemed happy enough to look after them anyway so I'd recommend that to people. They have to form that sort of 'human barrier' at the far end of the SS anyway to stop us mixing with away fans, just by the gate that's shut at full time. Plenty of stewards there, leave them at that gate.

C'mon we could make this song ours.

It's nice and clean and it would appeal to all age groups and would sound great with everyone singing it.

"We're caught in a trap
I can't walk out
Because I love you too much Derby

Why can't you see
What you're doing to me
When you don't believe a word I say?

We can't go on together
With suspicious minds (suspicious minds)
And we can't build our dreams
On suspicious minds"

(Repeat as many times as you like)

Candi Staton – Suspicious Minds

Mel has mad his contribution to the group today - £2250!!

It's a personal donation, not from the club and will be put to good use over the next few months.

If anybody would like to donate please do so at gofundme.com/1884group. Any donation is amazing and appreciated, no matter how much so please, if you can, and want to, help us expand what we're doing.

Mel has mad his contribution to the group today - £2250!!

It's a personal donation, not from the club and will be put to good use over the next few months.

If anybody would like to donate please do so at gofundme.com/1884group. Any donation is amazing and appreciated, no matter how much so please, if you can, and want to, help us expand what we're doing.

Great news!

Probably the change in his back pocket.

Get the basics right first, no need to blow it all at once!

Plenty of flags in the south stand, get some system in place so they don't go "missing" and build from there. 

some system in place you say.........a sound system........marvellous.......get a load of super woofer, big mega speakers in the south stand, a couple of decks and we can all take turns spinning some tracks every week to get the crowd rocking, and Daveo can go first he knows a good phat tune when it slaps him in his Grimsby chops.

"We shall have a fishy on a little dishy mixed with grandmaster flash's white lines" for starters building the crowd up into a frenzy.

Erm will there be any cash left to get a kind of a chemical brothers light system?, we could have images of Derby Legends disco dancing right across the South Stand, and right round the ground. 

Up The 1884 Group.......when will we be in the top 40? and will we be on Top of The Pops.

Nearly beer o'clock.

Archived