The 1884 Group

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats a very nice thing to say but a bit harsh on the likes of Nick who put a lot of work unto getting the south stand up and running.

There's also a group of people making the 1884 work, not just my project.

Thank you though, I'll pass that on to the other lads!

i omitted to incl nick as its a no brainer that he is part of the stadium furniture with what he has done/ achieved

More flags at the end than the start of the night, great effort and really amazing to see people I've never seen before helping to collect the flags in.

I thought the atmosphere was electric up until their goal and the mf injuries.

We don't seem to sing much if the players give us nothing to get behind, need to find a way past that, suggestions welcome!

Good assessment of last night 1884. I thought you guys were doing a great job, and even after the goal. 

The wind got taken out of everyone including the team with those injuries. 

Your ur right though, getting the end going when the team are struggling or being is going to be vital. 

I got all annoyed about the fact flags were going missing on Saturday so on my way down the stands I was picking up all the flags and I took them to a steward myself. Had someone stop me to ask if I was part of the group. I just said 'yes' when in fact the answer is "well aren't we all part of the group in a sense? If you're asking if the organisers have asked me to do this then no, but I do have good intentions don't worry..."

'Yes' was just easier.

Four songs that'll pick the players up when it's a bit flat...

1) Oh when the Rams go marching in

2) We love you Derby 

3) Derby Derby DERBY

4) Derby 'til I die

Non stop until we score.

Once fans know it's worth getting behind the lads when times are 'ard, we'll get the wins.

Good effort last night though, sounded brill I thought.

Its hard because the team performance gets the fans going and the fans take the rap if the team under perform. 

I really really wish that the fans would keep the singing going. I looked at the south stand second half and everyone was standing with their arms folded. 

New songs needed though, easy to sing ones. 

We are getting a reputation as only singing when we are winning I'm afraid  

Glad some flags came back! 

First match Ive been to this season, we were at the front of the Southstand and we thought it was really really good. We all thought its a big improvement from last year and feel a little horse this morning. keep up the great work :)

you'll be feeling a bit pony then...

We don't seem to sing much if the players give us nothing to get behind, need to find a way past that, suggestions welcome!

I think the only way to fix that is to have a group of people, with a drum that start everything.

Everyone is always waiting for someone else to start singing so if there is someone orchestrating it then Im sure you would get a lot more noise around the ground during those spells when things arent going our way on the pitch

Need to get the other stands involved more like last season to improve the atmosphere further IMO

"East stand give us a song, East stand, East stand give us a song" West stand give us a song.." Etc.

Maybe more chants like the following could help? just a suggestion, not sure it would work entirely. "East stand bounce with us, East stand, East stand bounce with us" *drum roll followed by lots of jumping on the spot.

"North stand, copy us, north stand north stand copy us... *drum roll* We are derby super derby super rams." etc

Chants along that line to get every stand involved and playing their part.

P.S keep up the good work 1884!

@Srg all I could think about during the first 15 mins was how annoyed you must be that the one chant we sing as part of that noise was the one you hated most. I was chuckling to myself!

I joined in for the first few minutes, then just decided it was crap and we could have been singing "We are Derby" or something similar.

I don't it would annoy me as much if it was clearly "Derby Army", because then at least it's slightly different

Need to get the other stands involved more like last season to improve the atmosphere further IMO

"East stand give us a song, East stand, East stand give us a song" West stand give us a song.." Etc.

Maybe more chants like the following could help? just a suggestion, not sure it would work entirely. "East stand bounce with us, East stand, East stand bounce with us" *drum roll followed by lots of jumping on the spot.

"North stand, copy us, north stand north stand copy us... *drum roll* We are derby super derby super rams." etc

Chants along that line to get every stand involved and playing their part.

P.S keep up the good work 1884!

Fair amount were singing and making noise in the West stand last night.

Only happens when coaxed into it by the South stand though.

We are next to the away fans in the east lower & with another group in the east upper try and get things going but the demographic is very family & older people so can be a struggle. I've mentioned before about the language used in some songs and although others disagree it does nothing to spread the songs round the ground. Particularly the collymore & bounce songs (although some just bounce without singing). 

Anything else has a chance of spreading, like last night at the start you could see the south stand then east & west joining in, even the north stand a little before the wind went out. 

I definitely feel the more you persevere the better it will get, more and more people our side were joining in and I really think they in the most part are waiting for the south stand. We try, to get them going but there isn't enough of us I'm afraid. 

Archived